altezza lenses

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
johnboi85

altezza lenses

Post by johnboi85 »

hey does anyone know if removing the cirle lenses are possible? i want to relocate the lenses. i want the lights to be in this order

*driver side* (turn signal,brake, brake, reverse)
*passenger side* (reverse, brake, brake, turn signal)

anyone tried this? i wanted to ask before i mess up my altezza lights. thanks
bp mx-3
hgallegos915

Re: altezza lenses

Post by hgallegos915 »

why would you wanna do this? you have to open the lights up and cut and bleh bleh ... why would you do this?? well if you get it done show some pics :)

-hec
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Get a heat gun and try it.

That's the best way to find out.

I've looked at them before to remove them, and from what I could see they can be seperated, but I didn't spend much time on that thought; I just cut the whole reflector part out for something else.
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

One thing to watch out for...or two rather..or three.

1) make sure the wires are long enough to switch them around (my memory says no)
2) you will need to bake the lights to get the moisture out after doing this or risk fogging up all the time
3) the angle of the lights is very important, especially for SAE compliance. Due to how the bulbs are set up this could cause issues.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”