rear brake light

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
VampireSix

rear brake light

Post by VampireSix »

While showing off my Altezzas to a friend, we discovered that my inside right brake light does not light up when the brake is pressed. However, when the park/headlights are on, the same light DOES come on, but it won't get brighter like the rest of the brake lights when the brake is pressed. Anyone know what would cause this, and if it is something that I could fix myself?
-Vampire Six
Grants
BANNED Member

Re: rear brake light

Post by Grants »

Have you tried a new bulb? Thats probably all it is. Can't be anything serious and you should be able to fix it yourself.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
VampireSix

Post by VampireSix »

well, since the light DOES goes on when the headlights are on, I'm thinking the bulb isn't the issue. It seems more that light isn't getting the signal to light up when the brake is pressed.
-Vampire Six
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Your tail light/brake light bulbs have 2 filaments in each bulb. The first filament lights up when the lights are turned on and the second one lights up in addition to the first, when ya press the brake pedal. Replace the bulb. The brake/second filament is bad.

<small>[ October 31, 2004, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: perhapsadingo8yerbaby ]</small>
VampireSix

Post by VampireSix »

hmm.. I'll give that a shot (shows how little I know). Thanks!
-Vampire Six
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

When you get a fault like this the best thing to try first is swapping the bulb from the other tail light. You know this one works so if you put it in the other light you'll know if it is the bulb or something else. Saves a trip to the shop for a new bulb and might save you buying a new one if thats not the problem.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
VampireSix

Post by VampireSix »

I took the bulb out and looked at it... sure enough, one of the filaments was missing.. thanks for the help all.
-Vampire Six
Lord Of Mx3

Post by Lord Of Mx3 »

heeeeee.i id it..the fastest of u all
Lord Of Mx3

Post by Lord Of Mx3 »

lol :driver:

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”