Civic Projector Q?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Coykiam

Civic Projector Q?

Post by Coykiam »

So how long did it take for some peeps to do it ? 1 day ? 1/2 a day ? including taking down the bumper, cutting and re-installing all the components back ? I'm thinking of doing it to the mx and probably with HIDs.
Coykiam

Re: Civic Projector Q?

Post by Coykiam »

oh yea in addition.....Do the bolts just fit in? meaning do u just bolt it in to the same spots as the OEM headlight were in? And what kind of bulbs do you use, H4's? what about the signal lights wiring ?
marsinner

Re: Civic Projector Q?

Post by marsinner »

My experience, i suck as a handyperson and i screwed up prettuy much all my interior before i paid someone to do it. Took me 3 days off and on.

I have the Drift front bumper which i did not put on, i also had a different rebar which i did not put on! so figuring out where all the screws were took an hr or so. One u have the bumper off, it's just baby steps to get it all to fit. Took me half a day to cut one side in and one light, 2nd day i was more confident, so it took me less time to cut the 2nd housing and the frame.

Then I had to trim my rebar!, that was a bi##h. Took half a day to do that. I had them both cut in, positioned and sealed at the end of the day at 7pm. Next day wiring took 1.5 Hrs. From there it took another 2 hrs to try to get it to close my hood and im just making it fit nicely!.

Now the bumper did not freaking fit at all. Lots of minute trimming around the lights, luckily my dad helped me out. You need at least 2 people that are comfortable with tools and loosing money! (in case something goes wrong onthe mx)
That took another 1.5hr. And finally putting the bumper and screwing it on properly 1hr or so.

So in total I'd say 26 hrs in total. If i did it again id prolly cut it down to 15 hrs maybe :p .

Again i suck as a handyperson. But it was a good experience and makes me wish i didnt spend all that money on having some guy put my kit on.!

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”