HVAC indiglo pics!

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
jplar

Re: HVAC indiglo pics!

Post by jplar »

JdawgMx3er

Post by JdawgMx3er »

Looks good 2.5, everthing matches, I expecially like the night pics...I just installed Speedhut's Glo Cluster but I'm still waiting on them to do a customizable hvac....not all back together but got some pics.....

http://home.dejazzd.com/mx3gs/gaugecluster.jpg

http://home.dejazzd.com/mx3gs/nighthis.JPG

http://home.dejazzd.com/mx3gs/nighthers.JPG

http://home.dejazzd.com/mx3gs/middleconsole.JPG :2thumbsup:

<small>[ January 16, 2004, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: JdawgMx3er ]</small>
2.5mx3

Post by 2.5mx3 »

Nice! I'm starting to see a lot of people with the same gauges I have, so I kinda wish I did something different like you now.

Brian, any chance of getting more buttons from Speedhut made to match the HVAC controls? Specifically, the cruise, A/C and Defroster buttons...

I wired my gauges in a way that when I turn down the dash lights, my indiglos get brighter. I'm not sure if there's any other way to do it, but I just tapped into the gauge cluster power wire. But anyway, in order for my indiglos to be nice and bright, my other dash lights have to be sorta dim. It would be nice to have the rest of those buttons bright blue like the cluster and HVAC controls.

Anyone else interested?
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

--All those who wander are not lost-- JRR Tolkien
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Hi 2.5mx3/Hank your lightingproblem is quite simple..

The clustercontrolwire you tapped into is the right-one but,the clusterlights is connected from the variable 2-8v to +12 and not ground as usual.
You'r indiglo's now go from 2-8v down to ground
making them shine brighter when the dashlights dimm...

BUT the answer is'nt just to take your indiglo"groundwire" and connecting it to +12v instead,by that you would reverse the polarity on the inverterbox.

what you should do is connect the inverterbox's groundwire to the clustercontrolwire,and the positive one to +12v,but i dont know if the inverterbox can cope with a "floating" ground..

Ask spedhut about it,i have asked them earlier thru their technical questions mail but never got any answer,did'nt bother to phone them cause my english's a bit rusty LOL..

But if you phone them and get an answer i would like to hear it..
;) ;)
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
bluebullet

Post by bluebullet »

i live in toronto area and can someone plz tell me how i can get my hands on these!?!?!
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

I'm interested in the buttons too Hank. I doubt I'll remember to check back here though. Sooo much other stuff in life goin on, (family with health probs etc), and the swap commin up and so on.. If somebody could hit me an email if the buttons are for sale for a limited time or somthin, that would be greatly appreciated. If not, I understand..
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
2.5mx3

Post by 2.5mx3 »

I'll definitely do that, Mason... if it ever happens. I may end up contacting SpeedHut myself again to inquire about it. I'll let ya know!

Good to hear from you!
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

--All those who wander are not lost-- JRR Tolkien
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

hey guys sorry i havent had the time to even remotely start the buttons at all, between work school my engine swap and moving into my new apartment i have very little free time
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”