Foggy Headlights

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
my_other_ride_is_your_mom

Foggy Headlights

Post by my_other_ride_is_your_mom »

You guys must have some remedies to this common problem. One of my covers has become almost usless because its so cloudy. What can i use on it after i get the cover off?
Jutzi420

Re: Foggy Headlights

Post by Jutzi420 »

I use meguiars scratch-x and platic polish. If you wanna take the lense off your light then just pop it in the oven @ about 200F for 10 minutes and pry it open with a flat scew driver.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

you shouldn't have to take your lens off...before you do that...jsut try some autosol metal polish on your headlight..I'm pretty much sure most of the yellowish will be gone..it worked for me
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
back alley

Post by back alley »

after a good cleaning with a plastic cleaner or rubbing compound try applying some clear acrylic floor wax to the headlights. it fills in the small scratches and helps to 'clear' up the headlight even more.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”