Gear Light in RS

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
BoOdOg
Supporting Member

Gear Light in RS

Post by BoOdOg »

I was just wondering if anyone has changed the light (not really sure what it would be called) right next to your shifter, says what gear your in? I am wondering if the bulb itself could have a green cover or a green tint to it. I am asking cause I would like to change mine over to a blue to match rest of interior and the new HVAC that I have ordered.

If anyone has done this, could you tell me the bulb size and also if this was hard. I would say not as if the light goes out it would have to be replaced anyhow. Also a picture would be great.
Midnight.Son

Re: Gear Light in RS

Post by Midnight.Son »

I've changed mine out as part of my red/black interior in my RS. The bulb I used was a 194R which is the red one. To change it, you need to remove the rear console, then the front console cover. After that remove the shift cover and change the blub. It shouldn't take to long. I changed it while I had the stuff off to paint.
1994 Mx-3 RS Automatic & 1993 MX-3 GS manual
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

gear light?? wait up no way RS's have a light that tells you what gear you're in?? where is it? and do you have pix? sorry i've never seen this before :p thanx
~ sam
92 Autozam AZ3
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

They are talking about the automatic shifter where it lights up and says if you are in P N D and so on.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
BoOdOg
Supporting Member

Post by BoOdOg »

sorry I didn't know what to really call it, but like mx3TT it is the P R N D 1 2
Midnight.Son

Post by Midnight.Son »

I checked at the auto store.... spend a lot of time there lately. They had 194 (White), 194R (Red) and 194B (Blue). I didn't see green or any other colors, but you could either get a cap to cover the bulb or use a green sharpie. I did one blub red and it's still working great.
1994 Mx-3 RS Automatic & 1993 MX-3 GS manual
BoOdOg
Supporting Member

Post by BoOdOg »

I am going blue so I should be good

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”