Neons

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
KimmiKim

Neons

Post by KimmiKim »

I was wondering if anyone here is good with interior neon lighting. I have a bunch of lights, but it looks sloppy having wires taped up and coming out of my fuse box. Is there some kind of battery or adapter so that you can hook all the lights to it? I have a bunch of lights all powered by the same fuse, is that safe? Thanks!
-Kim

1993 MX-3 GS in Raspberry Metallic
...awaiting swap...
killerpickle

Re: Neons

Post by killerpickle »

This could be a good topic. I am looking into getting some red neon hidden under my dash to illuminate the floor slightly, and wire it to one of the unused swith covers on the dash. I think neon can look nice if you can't see the tube and its not so bright that its intrusive.
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
smooth933

Post by smooth933 »

I ran two 15" neon tubes under the dash and the neon's under the car, I have strobes in the head lights and a couple other places. When I did all the wiring, I used a distribution block wired everything into that and into one switch, I put a 60amp fuse on it and it works great for me. :)
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

Originally posted by mx3 4u2nv:
I ran two 15" neon tubes under the dash and the neon's under the car, I have strobes in the head lights and a couple other places. When I did all the wiring, I used a distribution block wired everything into that and into one switch, I put a 60amp fuse on it and it works great for me. :)
a 60amp fuse is a lot. I don't think it's doing much good honestly. If you took 1 of your small wires and grounded it out accidently, chances are you wouldn't blow the fuse which is not good. I assume you are using AGU/cylinder fuses.. they make them as small as 30 amp (which is what I use for my neons and TV and Ps2, etc.)
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
rancid420potheadpunk

Post by rancid420potheadpunk »

i got one neon light inside my car and i just ran it to the lighter so when the cars off it's off and when the cars on the lights are on, i also put a switch in there so i could kill it if need be.
jplar

Post by jplar »

I've got two 15" (12?) tubes in the front, and 4 LEDs in the vents and while I"m not too sure if they are directly wired to the battery or some sort of other thingy, I've got them on the switch that formerly ran my sunroof, a few transformers later of course. Some locals guys did it for me, real nice job too, they did my sound system and my custom front speaker covers.
rancid420potheadpunk

i got ming hooked up to a switch and then into my lighter and it works perfect. no problems i have just got to mount them instead of having them sitting where the seat folds down.
rancid420potheadpunk

i mounted them today, i went and got another small one to put on the other side.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”