HVAC INDIGLO GUAGES (poll) Speedhut

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

HVAC INDIGLO GUAGES (poll) Speedhut

Post by Mnemonic »

Ok so I have been asking Speedhut now for a few months about doing the Reverse Indiglo Face plate for the HVAC controls like they have for the guages. I just recently got a reply from them saying they would be very intrested in making them but they would need 30 pre-orders to start the tooling. Also Mx3s will be the 1st and only cars (as of now) that will have them. Im not sure if SpeedHut will continue to produce them after the groupbuy or not. So as much as i can tell this will be a limited time thing after the group buy there will not be another chance to purchase unless Speedhut continues the idea. I will be sending them the mx3s HVAC controls this week.

Its exciting to know that the mx3 will be one of the 1st cars to be considered for this mod, since as you all know as well as i do that no one ever considers our car 1st for anything since there were so very few made in such a short time(if you compare to other imports).

So now we need to decide What style to choose on the HVAC face, There were 2 styles done in the mx3, Push button and Slider Nobs This poll will decide how they will be designed. IF i get 30 of each intrested i will send both designs off to Speedhut but i have to have 30 orders.<p>This is thread is not for bashing the idea, if some of you dont like the idea DO NOT POST! Keep your coments to your self. I am only doing this groupbuy once like i said earlier and i want it to be done flawless.<p>If you have any questions feel free to post, I check the board regularly every other hour if im not at work so replies will be quick(within the day posted)<p>Now i know you guys are wondering the big questions, Price? and Looks? As of now i am having them design them as Reverse Indiglo seeing how that seems to be the best looking and most popular, if they are successful they can create others for others needs and wants.<p>Again if you have any questions or concerns feel free to post or contact me at:
Jnumonik@stillvapor.com
Jnumonik (AIM)<p>As soon as the results for this poll are posted i will Start the group buy and display what they will look like along with the cost.<p>Thanks<p>Brian Burton<p>
ATTACHED IS ORIGINAL EMAIL DOCUMENTATION:<p>From: Service@Speedhut.com
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2003 7:34 PM
To: Johnny NumoniK [mailto:jnumonik@stillvapor.com]
Subject: RE: Custom Guages for HVAC Controls<p> Sorry for this late reply.<p>Do you think there would be 30-50 people interested. We could start a pre-order group buy. We would need 30 pre-orders to start the tooling. Also , we would need a sample HVAC panel control.<p> <p>-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2003 7:34 PM
To: service@speedhut.com
Subject: Custom Guages for HVAC Controls<p> <p>Speed hut, <p> <p>My name is Brian Burton and I Currently own a 93 Mazda Mx-3 GS, I purchased a set of Reverse Indiglo Guages awhile back and i love them, and recently i have been wanting to have my HVAC Control display done with reverse indiglo. i have never seen this done and im not sure who can do this, but seeing as you guys are the leading in Custom Guages i figured I would give you guys a shot.<p> <p>Here is a link showing what our Hvac controls look like (sorry about the blur, the actual shots were taken to show the progress of my molding job on my LCD screen for my computer)<p>http://stu.aii.edu/~bob031/multipic.jpg<p>Because there isnt really anything to hold the indiglo on there i relise that either a strong adhesive would have to be used or it would have to be screwd in, in any case this is not a problem, and because the hvac face actually sits behind the frame of the center consol runing wires off the sides would be really easy to hide.<p> <p>As i have had custom work done in the past i relise it would take a few people to also want to order these in order for you to put them in production, this is not a problem, i have already optained a list of people who would be intrested in buying them.<p> <p>I will appreciate any help i can get with having these made, as a mx3 owner its hard to find mods for our cars, and its always nice when we have something come out for our cars 1st<p> <p> <p>Much Respect<p>Brian Burton<p> <p>Return Email: Jnumonik@stillvapor.com<p>Web address: www.stillvapor.com<p> <p> <p> <p>If you have anymore questions or comments feel free to email me at Jnumonik@stillvapor.com or IM me at Jnumonik i can quickly reply to anything needed<p> <p>Thanks <p>Brian Burton
Jnumonik (AIM)
Mnemonic (UBB)
Jnumonik@stillvapor.com (Email)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
David Witherow

Re: HVAC INDIGLO GUAGES (poll) Speedhut

Post by David Witherow »

id be interested if they were the slider type
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

I am in for the slider type, i was actually playing around with the idea of changing the color on that the same way my buddy changed the color of my clock and hazard button on my previous car to blue. Amazing idea bro, i am in definitely. :D
pipes

Post by pipes »

I am trying to source a group buy for you in Australia however, WTF is HVAC? Is it the part in behing all your air conditioning etc controls
fictionaldaydream

Post by fictionaldaydream »

If its something cool I might be in again what is hvac. Also whats the difference between the slider and the other one.
tocixxx

Post by tocixxx »

HVAC I think he means, heat ventilation acess controls or something similar ;) <p>If it were posibble to ship overseas to austria, and it is the silder type, im definitively in, cause they would match my reverse glow gauges perfectly. Please keep us informed and the good work up !!!!!<p>Greetings Martin
92 GS-R, RX-8 Lightning Yellow, Complete Aresspeed Bodykit
http://www.cardomain.com/id/tocixxx
Mazda Speed & Style Club Austria http://www.mazdaclub.at
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

i would definately be in for these for sliders, i've been wanting to make my HVAC controls match my reverse glow gauges since i got them and this would probably be perfect. btw, in industry HVAC means "Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning".
and if you need it, i have a better picture of the controls on my comp at home that i could get you.<p>[ September 03, 2003: Message edited by: Acamori ]</p>
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

i'm interested - slider style<p>[ September 03, 2003: Message edited by: Johns93GS ]</p>
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Ok Guys i just got another email from Speed Hut the cost is going to be Approx. 38 dollers (US) Plus Shipping, and ill find out about the oversea's shipping, if they wont ship them overseas i will
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

sorry guys yea HVAC is the industry term but in short its your air conditioning control panel

msbmx3

Post by msbmx3 »

interested- Push button
2.5mx3

Post by 2.5mx3 »

I'm in for the slider type!
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

--All those who wander are not lost-- JRR Tolkien
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

yea jeff your right considering the slider style just has a lil menu strip going across the middle it would be easy to apply the indiglo face over it the push button style would be extremely hard to do

Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Here is the basic moc up so far<p>
Image <p>in the darker one you cant see the blue as well thats because i did it in illustrator and you cant actually have hte light for those that have indiglo lights already you know how brite it will show

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”