power windows

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Sonicxtacy02

power windows

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

I have a 94 GS, and my driver side window rolls up a bit slower than the other, i guess i need a new motor. anyone have?
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: power windows

Post by cjthor »

Dont be soo sure that you need a new motor. My 94 was having the same prob. I took off the door paned and greased the track. Also I noticed that when my battery was running a bit low my window would go up slow. Make sure you dont have a draw on your battery and check the window track. GOOD LUCK
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Darbee

Post by Darbee »

hey, My 94 GS is having the same problem as u guys, it goes up really really slow, even takes me 2,3 minutes to roll it up completely, but sometimes it goes really quick as normal... Is it the battery or the motor or the track this time?
1994 Blaze Red GS<BR>Intrax springs<BR>DTM muffler<BR>B&M Shifter<BR>AEM air filter<BR>AZ-3 Conversion
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

You guys might have better luck fixing this tech problem on the MX-3 Mailing list at <A HREF="http://www.egroups.com/messages/mazdamx-3owners." TARGET=_blank>http://www.egroups.com/messages/mazdamx-3owners.</A> This is a for sale/ wanted forum, but currently the best place for your dilemma is the Mailing List.<BR>Hope this helps! Image<P>------------------<BR>David Coleman <B>#2</B><BR>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition<BR>1/4 mile: 16.05 @ 85.7mph<BR><B>Update!</B>ACT II is now in! see ya at the strip!<BR><B>Updated Nov 5th</B><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>PinkMX-3.com</A> <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/people/ownerdetail.cfm?OwnerID=59" TARGET=_blank>MX-3.com registry</A>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Darbee

Post by Darbee »

Yo buddy, I got my window fixed. I went to an window shop today, and that guy spray some silicon spray on the track, it heals up right away, amazing eh ! don't spend hundreds to buy the motor yet, try the lubrican first. It really works...! hope this might help.<BR>
1994 Blaze Red GS<BR>Intrax springs<BR>DTM muffler<BR>B&M Shifter<BR>AEM air filter<BR>AZ-3 Conversion
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

hey man a little spray goes a long way!!!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

There's a known problem of the windows doing this on MX3's, actually I've found it to be a Mazda thing. Could be one of the rubber seals has fallen down inside the door so it drags really bad when the window is going upwards. And just to keep this message in the right area, if anyone finds out they need a new motor, I've got a full drivers side door motor with assembly, and a drivers side switch set Image (my new MX came with extras because the door was replaced)<P>------------------<BR>mason<BR>red 92 GS
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”