Tranny Died, anyone got one?

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
David Coleman

Tranny Died, anyone got one?

Post by David Coleman »

Well, It happened today.<BR>My tranny died at 98003 miles at about 8pm tonight.<BR>I was shifting into 3rd and it wasnt there. <P>So, I just shifted into 4th and figured it would be ok and I'd check it out when I got home in less than 2 miles. Then I came to a Stop sign, and they were all gone. <BR>1-5, even reverse.<P>My dad went out an hour later and was able to get her running in 3rd with much slippage of the ACT. He said that 1-2 are gone, but 3-5 and R are ok. When I pushed it off the road it was making expensive grumbling grinding sounds [out of gear] and was very hard to push with 3 people [I've pushed my car by myself before].<P>So thats 3.5 more days I've had her operating since August, bringing our total to somewhere under 25 days.<P>A Few Questions:<BR>1. WHY? What happened specifically?<BR>2. How hard is it for an average dude with hand tools to yank a tranny and replace it? I have the Factory Manual.<BR>3. Could anything besides a new tranny cure this?<BR>4. Is it hard to swap the final gearing out of a tranny? Because I might find a PGT tranny but I will want to keep my 4.39 final gearing. <P><BR>A Moment of Silence...<P>Anybody got one for sale?<BR>For the K series V6.<P>------------------<BR>David Coleman <B>#2</B><BR>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition<BR>1/4 mile: 16.05 @ 85.7mph<BR><B>Update!</B>ACT II is now in! see ya at the strip!<BR><B>Updated Nov 5th</B><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>PinkMX-3.com</A> <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/people/ownerdetail.cfm?OwnerID=59" TARGET=_blank>MX-3.com registry</A>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Re: Tranny Died, anyone got one?

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

oh maaaaaaaan, I know how you feel.<BR> My training went at 180,000km. Spent $4,000, that's right $4,000 to have Mazda put in a brand new transmission with a 1yr 20,000km warranty. Mine is auto. How it went you ask, I'll tell u what Mazda told me, the guy before you raced that car goooood.<BR> Not much u can do, except find another trainy and let the pros. deal with it.
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE
Tim's mx-3

Post by Tim's mx-3 »

yo what up, i gots this tigt trans dat b a 6 speed. it b4 a bmw B7 but it will bolt right da f*** up with some minor welding and modifing to da houseing. you b the first one in the hood wit it. I'll hook ya a** up fo bout 6 hun. coo?<P>
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tim's mx-3:<BR><B>yo what up, i gots this tigt trans dat b a 6 speed. it b4 a bmw B7 but it will bolt right da f*** up with some minor welding and modifing to da houseing. you b the first one in the hood wit it. I'll hook ya a** up fo bout 6 hun. coo?<P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Deal...<BR><I>6 hun</I> Canadian is like $5 usd right? Image<BR><P>------------------<BR>David Coleman <B>#2</B><BR>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition<BR>1/4 mile: 16.05 @ 85.7mph<BR><B>Update!</B>ACT II is now in! see ya at the strip!<BR><B>Updated Nov 5th</B><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>PinkMX-3.com</A> <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/people/ownerdetail.cfm?OwnerID=59" TARGET=_blank>MX-3.com registry</A>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”