Tranny #3

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
Coolaid776

Tranny #3

Post by Coolaid776 »

Well, after speaking to lee myles (the guys who did the second tranny) they explained that the shop rule is, if they did the work, they will fix it without labor charges.. So, I decided to bring it in, and see what they find..
When i would put the car into gear, it would just rev like nutral..
Well, that was friday.. The guys said he would call me on monday, and let me know..
I didn't hear from him monday, so I figured he didn't get to it..
Tuesday he called me, and tells me, It's all done.. It needed a converter rebuild, and a new pump.. and it will cost $1,100.
I'm a little pissed, because I don't have that kind of cash on hand, and now that the work is done, I am pretty much liable for $1,100 that I don't have. I am pretty stressed out, but what am i gonna do.. Guess the car is going to have to sit there till I get the money up..
I really wish he would have called and explained the problems and cost before doing the work.
Sonicxtacy02

Re: Tranny #3

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

crappy deal man. For future reference, you should express in writing that you want estimates done before any work is completed. Secondly if they have a warranty and your withing its limits then they should pay for ALL of the repair. You might wanna go to court over it.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I don't know what the laws are like in the States there but in Ontario you have to sign to authorize repairs first, they just can't start working on your car and send you a bill without any authorization.<p>My experiences though are that Tranny shops are sneaky and sleazy places, they prey on the ignorance and desperation of most people.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Andrew_Pakula:
<p>My experiences though are that Tranny shops are sneaky and sleazy places, they prey on the ignorance and desperation of most people.<hr></blockquote><p>Ha... my 2 week old 6k transmission just failed last night. Ya know andrew i think your right<p> :mad:
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

[you need to check your local laws......to my understanding that all work has to be okayed by a person before it can be started....
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

Yeah.. back when I was just a lad of 18, LOL, (I'm 22 now ;) ), my Mom insisted my car go to the shop for what I'd diagnosed as the distie. I couldnt do anything aobut it. They did alot of stuff they didn't need to, (like saying they checked ALL the wiring in the front of the car), and ripped us off bigtime. I checked it and coulda sued due to their not asking before doing the repairs. Didn't have time to screw with it, reimbursed Mom for the price of a new distie and told her to eat the rest. :cool:
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com

Return to “Transmissions”