aftermarket torque converter

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
marshmallow15

aftermarket torque converter

Post by marshmallow15 »

anyone know where i might purchase one? i've looked around and could only find one from levelten. any other places that sell these for our cars?
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
DJPRO

Re: aftermarket torque converter

Post by DJPRO »

I believe there are places that would take your torque converter and beef it up. I remember looking at a web site that did this. I'll check around for you.<p>later,
dee
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

Try this site out www.levelten.com<p>later,
dee.Image
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by marshmallow15:
could only find one from levelten.<hr></blockquote><p>heh yep i know of em. i've heard both good AND bad things from them though.. but if i don't find anything i might try them out. thanks a lot.
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i got a l-10 tranny installed last week, shifts harder, but i was looking for more durability than performance
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02:
i got a l-10 tranny installed last week, shifts harder, but i was looking for more durability than performance<hr></blockquote><p>does b&m make those shift kits (makes your tranny shift harder) for our cars or are they universal such as mazda trannies, toyota, etc.
- team slideways
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

as far as i know the kits are universal :shrug:
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

The kits, if you guys are talking of what I think, are not universal. They usually consist of new/different gaskets/seals - specific to the tranny in hand. L10 is good stuff. What you heard is probably trashtalk. Also, try www.protorque.com (I believe that's the link) They do only TC's at the moment, but are $100 cheaper than L10, and I've read they are actually part of L10, as far as the actual internals of the TC's are concerned. That's not a fact yet that I know of though. BTW, you ALL need a transmission cooler. EVERYBODY in here, or with an ATX on any car, but especially the MX3's ATX. Get the one from B&M that is rated @ 19000GVW (gross vehical weight) Gonna see if we have a faq in here, after I finish replying to everybody, LOL. I plan on making a good contribution to this forum if we do not.
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com

Return to “Transmissions”