Transmission worries, Need info fast.

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
thesin

Transmission worries, Need info fast.

Post by thesin »

Well we where rear ended about a month ago, and not even a week after the accident the transmission seem to be slipping and getting confused between gears, at 80km/h I was running at a solid 4000 - 5000 rpm. I was no problem since the car was going to the body shop anyhow, since the accident wasn't our fault I assumed the other party would cover the transmission but they say it's an electrical/electonical issue in the transmission and that there are no signs it's from the accident or that it's from wear, but that this issue is common in MX-3s. I have a 1994 GS V6 1.8 Auto. And the hold light is not flashing like I read in other posts. Can anyone tell me if this is true and.or what it might be so i can better argu it. All I know is that it worked fine before the accident i even just had a fuild flush/filter clean and re seal on it a month before and have the road test okay from the mazda dealership the did it. I really need help here they want 4000$ to repair it. :(
--> TheSin <--
aaronthehic

Re: Transmission worries, Need info fast.

Post by aaronthehic »

don't spend 4K thats retarded!<P>what about a 5 speed conversion?
13.023 @ 105 mph
thesin

Post by thesin »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aaron the hic:<BR><STRONG>don't spend 4K thats retarded!<P>what about a 5 speed conversion?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>OH no I wouldn't i just said that is what they want, in CND dollars of course. I'd spend the 4k on a KLZE + 5 speed conversion first. but i want the other insurance company to pay for it so i need to know how an impact could effect this "so call electonical" component, and if it not from the accident why did this piece that is suppose to be commun that no one here has told me about yet, why did it decide to break right after the accident?
--> TheSin <--
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

you're gonna have a very hard time convincing any insurance company that transmission failure on an 8 year old veh has anything to do with a fender bender. In my 3 years experience i've never seen a claim be paid for transmission work though several have tried. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

I have the setup trans as you and it went out on me at 56,000 miles and then the brand new one again at 66,000 miles. I have seen other problems with these 4 speed auto trans as well. I only paid about $1,000 usd for the first and the second was covered on warranty.
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09
beyonddave

Post by beyonddave »

Maybe this is alittle late but had a similar problem with mine. It turned out to be a connecter in the center concole that had to be replaced. Check it out it may be as easy as that. Good luck with it.
Q187

Post by Q187 »

I have all of the parts that are needed for an Auto to 5 speed conversion that I am willing to sell. If interested, email me.<p>quaz187@yahoo.com

Return to “Transmissions”