Mx-West Vancouver Island Mini-Meet September 25th

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Taras

Re: Mx-West Vancouver Island Mini-Meet September 25th

Post by Taras »

Yesterday, I took a drive to French Beach, past Sooke, BC and thought that it would be a good drive to go on with the group. Well, I reconsidered. It's not really that exciting and scenic. It's more of a destination ride and would be great if it would be warmer. The place is great, it's a Provincial Park so got all the facilities. I thought it would be fun to go there and have a BBQ, play ball and just relax but it's just too darn cold now at the beach.

So, now I have plans for our meet to go on a scenic drive around Victoria. With a few stops and such, it will take up a few hours. After that I am still in a planning stage. I am hoping that it would be a nice day, sunny and warm. Which it could be. But this time of a year it could be a tad wet. So, a few indoor activities will be planned.

The meet will happen regardless of the weather. Anyone is welcome to throw ideas in on what they would like to do for the day. We want to have a fun day with a limited amount of driving. Dan and Josh I would like to know if you are going to stay overnight till Sunday and also what ferry you will take (BC Ferries or Coho).

Time the meet is not yet decided on as I want to see how fast our WA guests can get here. I am shooting for noon or 1pm.

Cheers.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

Sounds Good. It still looks possible for me to make the meet. I really hope so because I really, really, want to make that deal with your hood. It would just be me coming, and I would be going there, and coming back home, that same night.

Will
Taras

Post by Taras »

Cool Will,

We will all have fun either way what we do. I might even be able to find a place to get rid of your old hood.

Cheers.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Originally posted by JDM:
Kev, that is alright. I shall meet you at the ferry in the evening.
I think I'm gonna work from 8 am to 4:30 pm on the 24th and have Tina drive me down to the ferry straight from work. I won't have enough time to catch the 5, so I'll get on the 6er. I'll still call you before hand to go over everything.

Is there any indoor go-karting places or paint ball in Vic.

<small>[ September 14, 2004, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]</small>
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
sharpcadd

Post by sharpcadd »

Originally posted by JDM:

Time the meet is not yet decided on as I want to see how fast our WA guests can get here. I am shooting for noon or 1pm.

Us Washintonians can be there at any time. We We hope to meet up with other MX-3's from Vancouver on our way over so the earlier you say, the earlier we'll be there. I'm considering spending the night. It's my last big trip before the school year starts so I'm going to live it up a little. I'll have my pocket bike on this trip too!
Dan Sharpe
'92 owner
mx-west member
Taras

Post by Taras »

Pocket bike?

I do not think that there will be a lot of people coming over from Vancouver. I know Kevin will, but he will probably walk on and I will pick him up on the Victoria side. Will (nos21) will come over may be as well, but that is about it. I think it may be more efficient for you to take a ferry from Port Angeles, WA as it only takes 45min and BC Ferry will take 1.5hrs from Vancouver to Victoria, although the ride more picturesque. I do not know how long it takes to get to PortAngeles,WA vs Vancouver,BC from your places.

Where would you like to stay at in Victoria. You can crash on my Living room floor if you bring your own sleeping equipment. Although if you are going to go out for the night, you may prefer downtown. Let me know if you want me to look into either. I also do not know if you are going to bring someone over. I guess Josh will bring his other half.

PS: I have almost mapped out out Scenic Ride....
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
sharpcadd

Post by sharpcadd »

:2thumbsup: Yup! I have a pocket bike. Josh got me all excited because we were talking about how cool it would be to ride them around while everyone else was sitting around durring a car show. I'll bring it to this meet.

2 of my roommates are coming now! They're going to wait to decide whether they're bringing their own car or riding in mine. We're going to try and convince the 3rd roommate to come too (Kim... she was at Mazda Madness).

We are all staying overnight either way. We will find a suite somewhere on our own... If I were on my own, I would take you up on your floor offer, Thanks. We all will be going out that night so let's get a group together for that too! Any club recommendations?

Since no one is driving over from Vancouver, We'll be taking the ferry from Port Angeles. It's about half the driving distance so we're saving a lot of drive time there.

<small>[ September 15, 2004, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Dan Sharpe ]</small>
Dan Sharpe
'92 owner
mx-west member
Taras

Post by Taras »

I gotta check the Port Angeles ferry schedule now. I can't remember if it falls under the WA state ferry system or not. I'll drive by and check. May be we can start early then.

Cheers.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
sharpcadd

Post by sharpcadd »

http://www.cohoferry.com/

I think we would take the 8:25am ferry. That puts us in Victoria at 10:00am. We can just hang out in Victoria till time to meet if you still want to set up the meet for a later time. The next ferry trip is at 12:45pm putting us there at 2:15pm. The 8:25 is better.

<small>[ September 16, 2004, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: Dan Sharpe ]</small>
Dan Sharpe
'92 owner
mx-west member
Taras

Post by Taras »

8:25 ferry it is. Let's see what ferry Will was gonna catch from Vancouver? Will can you make the 9:00 am ferry on Saturday morning. This will get you to Victoria Downtown just after 11:00am. This way we can set the meet for 11:00am. Need your reply.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
sharpcadd

Post by sharpcadd »

:( Josh is saying he may not make it to this one. He hasn't given a definite no, but he didn't sound optimistic. We'll see. I'm in either way.

:mad: Now my roommates say they're not going to go becuase of work. I don't understand how someone could have such control over you that you can't just say, "I'm not working these days." How hard can that be?

<small>[ September 17, 2004, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Dan Sharpe ]</small>
Dan Sharpe
'92 owner
mx-west member
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

i will be able to make it. just the whife wont :D . so as long as everything goes as planned and i dont blow another tranny or something i should be going. :2thumbsup:
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

Yeah, the 9:00 ferry sounds good. Where should I take it from? Tswassen or Horseshoe bay? And to what terminal on your side? It has been a while since I have been to the island, and the last two trips I just kinda wandered on a ferry going there not really having an itenerary. I booked the day off so anytime you want me there is fine by me.
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Don't take Horseshoe Bay, it'll be a longer drive down to Victoria. Go to Tsawwassen and take it to Swartz Bay, here's the ferry schedule . Once you get off the ferry, drive down Pat Bay Hwy to Victoria.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Man I wish i had the Time and whatnot to got o this...

But Dan have you got Neons and NOS for the Bike yet? You should order some off Ebay and have em on for the Mini-Meet. :) Then Josh could borrow it and drive by that Ricer Shop :2thumbsup:

Hope Everything works out and that It isn't a bogus show-up like the CS S&S.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”