Starting to look for a KLDE engine to swap (into my OBDI

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Redhouse

Starting to look for a KLDE engine to swap (into my OBDI

Post by Redhouse »

i am about to try and get my hands on a low mileage 2000+ (millenia) KLDE 2.5 liter that i can run a 96+ OBDII ecu (from a 96 Probe gt perhaps?.. still researching this one)

anyways - back to the first step. finding a good, low km KLDE (preferably a 2000+ but i will take a 1996 - 99 if that's all i can seem to get in the next 6 - 8 months) to start work on.

suggestions or warnings as to where i could get this engine? would rather put my money into a newer engine than into shipping if at all possible. I live in victoria and vancouver is NOT a problem for me.

thanks and if anyone wants to throw their 2 cents about swapping into a 96gs without the tiresome "buy an older GS and start there" - please feel free to post your opinions as well

greg
1996 Black GS 1.8l w. PRM intake and custom exhaust, zx2 strut conversion and Intrax springs, B&M short shifter and SRD bronzoil bushings, Ractive front and rear strut bars, Raxles axles, ESpec clear markers and front signals w. driving lights, Alpine headunit with 10" JL sub, jbl amp and front speakers.

Awaiting installation: Magnecore 8.5 Comp. ignition wires, ACT Stage 1 clutch w. SS clutch line, Outlaw phenolic spacers.
Taras

Re: Starting to look for a KLDE engine to swap (into my OBDI

Post by Taras »

Ohh, I wish I could help with information. I only know that with OBDII you've got four O2 Sensors and a different disty and an ECU. You can borrow my 1992 manual to compare the wiring and sensors while you are doing the research. I was able to borrow manuals from Pacific Mazda in the past. THey just will not let you take them out of the dealership.

Are you getting someone to do the swap professionally or you do it in your parents' garage. Feel bad for them..... :) There is nothing like a mix of oil, gas, brake liquid, power steering liquid, antifreeze, tranny fluid mixed with spraypaint, brake cleaner and degreaser.

If you are doing it yourself, you can count on me to help you out. I've do two so far.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Redhouse

Re: Starting to look for a KLDE engine to swap (into my OBDI

Post by Redhouse »

well the plan is to do the work myself - there is a discussion on the V6 forum about how much easier it would be to just swap a 96+ millenia engine in and use an OBDII ecu from an MTX probe gt or something..

would LOVE to have you help - but don't worry about my parent garage.. lol.. C and I bought a house and i have my own garage! (be it small but big enough to store an engine and my car easily)

anyways i will keep you posted as things develop.. and if you here or see a nice shiny klde in your travels.. let me know ;)
1996 Black GS 1.8l w. PRM intake and custom exhaust, zx2 strut conversion and Intrax springs, B&M short shifter and SRD bronzoil bushings, Ractive front and rear strut bars, Raxles axles, ESpec clear markers and front signals w. driving lights, Alpine headunit with 10" JL sub, jbl amp and front speakers.

Awaiting installation: Magnecore 8.5 Comp. ignition wires, ACT Stage 1 clutch w. SS clutch line, Outlaw phenolic spacers.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”