Mazda Madness 2003

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
MX-West Car Club

Mazda Madness 2003

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Ok everyone, here is some preliminary info. <p>Event: Mazda Madness 2003
Location: Adessa parking lot, No.8 and Westminster Highway, Richmond
Date: August 10th, 2003

Cost: $20 to enter your car in the competition(includes a free burger and pop)

FREE to come,look and meet other Mazda owners.

Door Prizes: Tons, including $500 gift certificate for parts/accessories from
Signature Mazda, plus many gifts from Mazda Canada and our other sponsors.

Vendors: Free space to vendors in exchange for giveaways. CorkSport will be here with a display and products, will list other vendors as they come on board. <p>Food: Hamburgers $2.00, Hot Dogs $1, Pop $1, Bottled Water $1.

We will need volunteers to help with the concession. <p>Prizes: Cash/trophy prizes to winners that enter their cars.

Categories: There are going to be approx. 7 categories, Rotary RX-7/8, Protege, MX-3/323, 626/mx6/mazda5/probe, miata, MPV/B-series/tributes, and everything else.

Judging: We will be looking for, overall apperance, mods, etc... your car has to look good to us, that means a completely stock car could win, like the nice stock 3rd Gen white RX-7 at the drive in. <p>Judges: Will be picked from the various clubs and will NOT be allowed to judge there own category. ie if I enter my MX-3, I can't judge the MX-3/323
division.

Best of show: each attendy will be given a score sheet and can vote for their favorite 3 cars.

Time: Show cars, roll in at 8am, open to the public and judging begins at Noon, all score sheets must be in my 5pm, prizes and winners will
be announced starting at 6pm, clean up at 7pm and everybody out by 8pm. We will need people to help with setup and clean up. <p>That is the pre-liminary info, if you know a shop that would like to setup and be a vendor let me know and we can make space for them. <p>A sign up sheet will be available for cars wishing to enter soon, we are currently working on it. <p>Details are still be worked out and are subject to change, but for now that is the scoop. This event is being OFFICIALLY SPONSORED my Mazda Canada and Signature Mazda, we have full corporate sponsorship. <p>I will organize other threads and post it for people to sign up. <p>We expect a good showing from our club, both to compete and to show up, we need to show mazda that there is a demand for this type of event in Canada, so that they will do more and maybe next year run a autocross or drag event for us. <p>Food, if anyone knows where we can get a good deal on pop, bottled water, hot dogs, etc...let me know. Burgers and Buns are coming courtesy of Burger King at an excellent price. <p>Please post in the other threads if you will be attending the show, volunteering or competing in the show.<p>You can also find more info on the meet at MPSport.net-Mazda Madness 2003<p>[ June 11, 2003: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]<p>[ June 12, 2003: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]<p>[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]</p>
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

Re: Mazda Madness 2003

A little more tidbit for everyone and a bit of clarification on a few things regarding the meet.<p>The event is FREE to attend. If you wish to compete you pay the $20 entry fee, you will be fed and have the opportunity to win CASH and some of the better door prizes. We are expecting about 100 cars in the competition. <p>We are dividing the venue into 3 area's, competition area for vendors and competing cars, a Mazda Only "meet" parking area for all mazda vehicles, and an area for other vechicles. All three area's are located within the same parking lot so you will not be that far away from the vendors or competeing cars. <p>"The only reason for the entry fee to compete is that someone has to pay for the prizes and the event. We are getting several thousand dollars of prizes from our sponsors, but that doesn't pay the bills that are going to incur. <p>This is a learning process for us and we are doing what we can. For those from the various clubs that have volunteered to help and that have attended the planning meetings, I thank you for your time and effort, and we will pull this off. <p>This is not a money making venture as some may seem to think it is, if we are lucky we should break even. It is merely a venue to meet and compete with other Mazda enthusist. <p>There will be one more planning meeting in early July, and we will finalize all the details then and send out the information to all clubs. <p>However the whole point of the meet is to "MEET" other mazda owners and that is why we were not going to set up "reserved" parking. Everyone usually knows the members of their own club already. Try to get out and meet some new people. <p>Bieu - President
MPSport.net
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
sean_hibbitts

Post by sean_hibbitts »

<p>[ June 29, 2003: Message edited by: sean_hibbitts ]</p>
1994 Mazda MX3
Calling all my Cidia's too the east and the west
MX-West Car Club

New update for Mazda Madness 2003.<p>After yesterday's exec meeting and checking out the location. We've mapped out where everything will be.<p>Mazda Madness 2003
Adesa parking lot, No.8 and Westminster Hwy., Richmond, BC
August 10th, 2003
12 noon - 6 pm<p>General all Mazda Show N' Shine for all owners. Come out show off you car and meet other Mazda owners. A lot of prize give aways.<p>Additonal car competition for any owner who wishes to compete for trophies and extra prizes. Cost: $15 On-line pre-register to enter your car in the competition, includes a free burger and pop. Possiblely a Mazda Madness t-shirt as well, we are looking into this. $25 registration fee on day of the meet, includes a free burger, pop and possiblely a Mazda Madness t-shirt. Payment is due when you register in at the meet. <p>*On-line registration form will be up running in a few days. I will post the link once if receive the info for it.<p>Thank you<p>[ July 14, 2003: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]<p>[ July 15, 2003: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]</p>
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

Website is up now with some new info. Go check it out at Mazda Madness 2003 and sign up to enter the Mazda Car competition. <p>Thanks<p>[ July 29, 2003: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]</p>
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

is there going to be any car shows in like september?? i dont arrive till august 23rd or something like that and i was kinda wondering whats going on with that, let me know, and i might hit up the tour de whistler thing when im there<p>
peace
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
MX-West Car Club

Hey guys,<p>We are 1 week away from this year's first ever all Mazda meet - Mazda Madness 2003. Start getting the car cleaned. Hope to see all of you there.<p>[ August 05, 2003: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]</p>
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I am sorry to say that I cannot attend. I am having transmission issues :( :(
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
MX-West Car Club

Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

How did the show end up? How won form your division? and special prizes?
MX-West Car Club

Thank you to all the participants that entered the competition, volunteers and the other Mazda clubs. We really appreciated you coming out and supporting the clubs and this event.<p>Special thanks to Rich and Derrick from Cork Sport making the trek up with the RX-8, parts and generous donation of Gift Certificates to the winner of the event. <p>We ended up with over a 100+ cars at the meet. A lot of nice looking Mazda's. Pretty good for a first time event. Gotta love watching PDM's 3rd gen drag RX-7 shoot out fireballs. Bring out the marshmallows... :D <p>Pics will be posted later on in our events page.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

Here are some pics for you guys to see at Mazda Madness 2003. These and the rest of the pics I have will be posted later on in our "Events" page.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”