KLZE'ers in Vancouver

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
sapper

KLZE'ers in Vancouver

Post by sapper »

I'm getting the KLZE swap done to my 94 MX3, and had a few questions for those of you who had the swap done here in Vancouver.<p>1. Where did you buy your engine from (Which distributor)<p>2. Which shop did you get the swap done at (If not done yourself)<p>3. How much did you pay for the swap<p>4. Total aprox. cost? (Engine, swap, aditional parts, fluids)<p>I was speaking with corksport the other day, and they quoted me $3213 US for the engine and swap, and want to keep the car for 2 weeks to have it completed.<p>Thanks for your help!<p>[ May 27, 2003: Message edited by: sapper ]</p>
I saw a street sign yesterday that said Caution! Children playing! so I slowed down. Then I thought Wait! I'm not afraid of children!
Nd4SpdSe

Re: KLZE'ers in Vancouver

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Car: 1994 MX3 RS <hr></blockquote><p>I didnt think a KLZE was easilly and cheeply swapped in an RS
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
sapper

Post by sapper »

I sold the RS last week, and got a GS, just havent changed the profile yet, and thats exactly why I sold it, hard to swap a KLZE in.<p>[ May 27, 2003: Message edited by: sapper ]</p>
I saw a street sign yesterday that said Caution! Children playing! so I slowed down. Then I thought Wait! I'm not afraid of children!
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

1. Locally - JK Japanese in Richmond 604-270-1995. A little hard to deal with sometimes.
2 & 3. DIY (I helped OrangeGSR, JackFrost and our VP-Taras install their KL-Ze's. Must have proper tools like air compressor and engine hoist.)
4. PM OrangeGSR and JackFrost on cost.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
sapper

Post by sapper »

Wicked thanks chief
Soulflare

Post by Soulflare »

The engine if u are getting from JK is around 1500 since there is a price increase... doing the swap will take about 5 days.... Cost really depends on what u r replacing...most likely u will need new watch pump, belts, etc...since its convient to do it together...and beleive me u want to do it together....my first swap in my old car only last few weeks and then the water pump went...i 'm not sure if its sure coincident ...but learnt its better to do it that way... also mark ur sensors and plugs so u know what goes where afterwards...I would say about 1000 for the work and parts if u are planning to do it urself or with frds and not gettingit done at shop. Shop cost ... *shurg*
Soulflare
Pearl MX-3 GSR (SOLD)
Mystic RX-8 GT

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”