Need some hints and help!

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
heattreated

Need some hints and help!

Post by heattreated »

Merry Christmas to everyone. and this year I got a short shift and a new steering wheel for present. I got a grant steering wheel and B&M shifter. I just want to know how hard it is to change the two of them... Any tips and info will help a lot.
Thanks!
to all civics "want to race?"
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Need some hints and help!

Post by cjthor »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jon17:
Merry Christmas to everyone. and this year I got a short shift and a new steering wheel for present. I got a grant steering wheel and B&M shifter. I just want to know how hard it is to change the two of them... Any tips and info will help a lot.
Thanks!
<hr></blockquote>
Wow you are in luck! One question..Do you have airbags? If you do you are going to have to deal with a flashing airbag light and an annoying beep once in a while. And dont try to remove the bulb cuz that just makes the beeping that much worse. I'll see if I have some pics of my short shifter install. If I don't I can prolly take some when I replace my shifter bushings. I'll keep you posted.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Isn't it illegal to take out your airbag, I think you have to get a pardon from the gov't for it, not that that would stop people, I'd suggest you get a steering wheel puller, i bought one at schmucks for $16.99, its by powerbuilt and is sweet, exchanging steering wheels took me like 15 min. (no airbag) and saved a good 3-4 lbs.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
heattreated

Post by heattreated »

Thanks Jarid. I actually sent you an email. No I don't have an Airbag... hehehe really lucky on that.. and also it will really help a lot if you can send me some pics... cuz I don't even know how to take the console out! It will really help to have some pics.! Thanks and once again hope you all had a good christmas.
Peace
heattreated

Post by heattreated »

got the steering wheel on and its sweet!!!
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

actually its not illegal.....for a mechanic to unhook it is....it makes the car "unsafe" but if you unhook ur self its not
jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com

Post by Guest »

hmmmm thats wierd, because I live in canada but the rest of my family moved to Kentucky and they didnt let him keep his car because it didnt have airbags, god do they even do emitions testing down here? some things just blow my mind down here (im in kentucky for christmas)

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”