Which way to face 15" sub?

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Damien

Which way to face 15" sub?

Post by Damien »

I plan on buying 1 15" audiobahn tomorrow to replace my room-taking 4 10"s, was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on which way to fire it, i got told stright up into the hatch, but i also got told up and curved a little to face slightly backwards<P>Another question is does anyone know where i can get lowering springs for my 94 mx3 RS, ive checked excess performance and they told me 3 weeks to order them cause they dont deal with mx3's, NTW (national tire warehouse) doesnt deal with mx3's period, im lost, i wanted to drop my car 2" and dunno where to go to get a decent price and good quality name-brand springs, excess told me 399$ installed but i thought maybe one of u guys might recomend a better place to go<P>Any help would be great...Thnx
2004 Nissan Xterra - Daily Driver
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - Sold
1994 MX-3 RS - Selling
Searching for a new performance car to buy, cant decide.

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/omenmx3
MX-West Car Club

Re: Which way to face 15" sub?

Post by MX-West Car Club »

I was told that you should have the sub face up firing to the hatch window or towards the back of the hatch. It was explained to us that it has to do with the distance the sound wave travels to you. The shorter the distance with the sub firing right into the back seats, the less notes of the music you hear. With the sub facing up or to the back, the distance is longer and you will hear more. This is as close as I can remember of how it was explained to us. Orange-GSR do you care to add to this?<P>Try Momentum Motor Sports in Coquitlam they sell H&R's, Overseas Auto and Driver's Edge in Vancouver. I remember walking into Driver's Edge one time and they were lower an MX-3. I don't know what brand lowering springs Overseas and Driver's Edge sells. If you have spring compressors do it yourself to save the money or you can call us and we'll help you do the install. All you'll have to do after that is pay for a wheel alignment.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

I have my sub facing towards the hatch and slightly angled. Damn does it sweet! You'll get beautiful bass if you align it like that. It will also alow you to hear more of your music frequency range. :D
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Damien

Post by Damien »

Thnx so much guys, i just got back from buying the 15", im only putting 360 watts RMS into it right now but it sounds great, not too much of a diff from my 4 10"s but the bass travels alot further<P>I will check out this place in coquitlam since thats where i always am, this spring your talking about kevin i havent a clue if i have it (the one i can just cut to lower)<BR>Another thing im very curious in.. is info on the bpt since i am considering it but when the time comes and i have the cash ill "post a new topic" :P
2004 Nissan Xterra - Daily Driver
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - Sold
1994 MX-3 RS - Selling
Searching for a new performance car to buy, cant decide.

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/omenmx3
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Not a prob, Damien. :D
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”