MX-West G3 Site - NOW OFFICIALLY ONLINE!!!

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
-=MagMan=-

MX-West G3 Site - NOW OFFICIALLY ONLINE!!!

Post by -=MagMan=- »

Hello there everyone! It is my pleasure to announce that the all-new Third-Generation Website of MX-West Car Club has OFFICIALLY gone online, and replaced the aging Second-Generation site that has been running for nearly the past two years!<P>For those of you who have high-speed connections to the Internet, you will be able to enjoy some of the high-bandwidth features such as Flash videos & animations. Those of you with Dial-Up can enjoy these features too, if you don't mind waiting for a little bit :o)<P>I've also done some poking around on the web, and have discovered that out of all the MX-3 clubs & sites online, MX-West now has the most advanced Mazda MX-3 site ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! We also have the highest concentration of MX-3 photos anywhere on the net! Up until now, the only club sites as advanced in design as our new G3 site were those of Honda clubs... I guess those Honda guys now have some more competition in Cyberspace from Mazda :o)<P>As I look back at the original MX-West site from 3 years ago, I can see for myself not only how far the site has come, but the club as well. It's been one HELL of a fun ride with you guys, and it's only going to get better from here!<p>[ July 20, 2002: Message edited by: -=MagMan=- ]
Edison Wrzosek<BR>Webmaster<BR>MX-West Car Club<BR>http://mxwest.tripod.com/
-=MagMan=-

Re: MX-West G3 Site - NOW OFFICIALLY ONLINE!!!

Post by -=MagMan=- »

Just a little side note...<P>I just checked out Mazda's USA site, <A HREF="http://www.mazdausa.com/," TARGET=_blank>http://www.mazdausa.com/,</A> and the background music they have there is so HORRID, it's GAY!!! :eek: :eek: :confused: <P>BTW, design ain't that special either...
Shades

Post by Shades »

OH MAN... the website exceeded it's daily limit... too much traffic... probably from the Import Rev people checking out the site... kewl...
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

MagMan - u didnt answer me before! Whats the name of the song in the flash video?<P>Cool site.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -=MagMan=-:<BR><STRONG>Hello there everyone! It is my pleasure to announce that the all-new Third-Generation Website of MX-West Car Club has OFFICIALLY gone online, and replaced the aging Second-Generation site that has been running for nearly the past two years!<P>For those of you who have high-speed connections to the Internet, you will be able to enjoy some of the high-bandwidth features such as Flash videos & animations. Those of you with Dial-Up can enjoy these features too, if you don't mind waiting for a little bit :) .<BR>I personally had problems accessing your picture database.I got JS serrors. Im curious to check out all these rides. All in all its a very nice site, good work.
-=MagMan=-

Post by -=MagMan=- »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by canadian_ice:<BR><STRONG>MagMan - u didnt answer me before! Whats the name of the song in the flash video?<P>Cool site.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>The song is "O'Fortuna (Excalibur remix) by Apotheosis", and the song tracks are now listed in the Flash-base About the Site page.
-=MagMan=-

Post by -=MagMan=- »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Custommx3:<BR><STRONG><BR>Site looks VERY nice, very stylish layout as well. I hate to be the jerk, but MX-3.com is a lil more advanced, it has taken Jeff years to get this site like this. Be serious... you did use some frontpage :) .<BR>I personally had problems accessing your picture database.I got JS serrors. Im curious to check out all these rides. All in all its a very nice site, good work.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah I did use FrontPage, as I primarily do on most of my sites. More advanced Intranet sites I've developed use ASP & some SQL. I find it much more capable at certain things than Cold Fusion, and easier to maintain.<P>The underlying technology used at MX-3.com is more advanced than MX-West, I'll grant you that. However when I was referring to "most advanced site", I was referring to it's layout, not it's coding.<P>Besides, a LOT of companies/publishers are now moving to FP XP simply because you can do so much with it, very often, much quicker than with traditional systems.<P>As for the JS errors, those unfortunately I CAN blame on Tripod and not myself... When I was BETA testing the site locally, and on private servers, there were no JS errors what so ever. The errors have to do with the pop-up TP windows. When one of them is closed (particularly the large one), you will later receive JS errors on every single page.<P>If MX-West ever moves to a different server, rest assured, it will be one WITHOUT those nagging pop-ups! :)
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

I myself use it as well because its a great took for managing the layout of a website. Remove those stupid a-- themes and youve got yourself a nice webdesign tool. <BR>Is the gallery similar to the registry, or just pictures?
-=MagMan=-

Post by -=MagMan=- »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Custommx3:<BR><STRONG>I myself use it as well because its a great took for managing the layout of a website. Remove those stupid a-- themes and youve got yourself a nice webdesign tool. <BR>Is the gallery similar to the registry, or just pictures?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Yeah I know, those "themes" look like they were designed by kids LOL!<P>The MX-3 Gallery was originally going to be a photo-only database of non-members. But I think we'll expand it a little to include modification info as well.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Rememeber.. MX-3.com has 1 of those. <BR>Also, since Jeff is getting married and building a house, he doesnt really have time to update it, and has even removed the link from his site. Its a PAIN to update. With 2000+ members and growing, ALOT of those users will want that info there. Got time to add those? Take a break, they fill your box w/ emails like "Why isnt mine on there I sent you my info last week?". You'll get burned out.. very quickly. Thats why I pretty much removed my links section from my website, or never update it.
-=MagMan=-

Post by -=MagMan=- »

You do have a point that it will be a LOT of work to maintain something like that, but MX-West will only display MX-3 owners from the West Coast.<P>I once peaked into the MX-3.com registry, and I remember seeing MX-3 owners from all over the place, even Europe. That's something MX-West will NOT be doing. I ain't gonna get myself into that HAHAHA! MX-West has always catered to ppl here on the coast, and as far as I know, that philosophy will continue with the MX-3 Gallery.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”