Question for Orange-GSR...

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Shades

Question for Orange-GSR...

Post by Shades »

Hey I was wondering how much you paid for your paint job? Also where did you take it?<P>I'm thinking about going to Maaco and getting my free estimate.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
Orange-GSR

Re: Question for Orange-GSR...

Post by Orange-GSR »

Hey Shades <P>Well I work at Dams Ford in surrey in there Bodyshop so I did the paint there with the help of one of the painters if you go to my site <A HREF="http://mx3power.tripod.com" TARGET=_blank>http://mx3power.tripod.com</A> you can see the work involved with that High of a paint job. The Book value of that paint job was around 4000-4500 But I did 90% of the work<BR>The painter and myself are trying to find a rential paint booth for him to spray cars at for cash once we do I am sure I can work out any custom job for under 1000. I payed 750<BR>O Yes and dont go to Mayco They use the cheapest paint and clear on the Market were as we use all Dupont.<BR>Let me know if you have any more questions and sorry it took me so long to reply I have been bizzy getting my car ready for the show/meet weekend
MY ZE is on the Bottle how about yours?

The offical PUnK a-- RaCeR of MX-WEST
Shades

Post by Shades »

Hey Sean... I think that's what your name is. Do you mind if I ask a couple more questions... no hurry on the replies.<P>If and when you do get that rental paint booth going let me know... $1000 for a new paint sounds decent... just gotta get the dough.<P>Also, I just bought a rear spoiler like the one on your car. Mine is a RS and I was wondering since you took apart your car, how would you put one on. It's got about four nuts and bolts under it. Since mines a RS where the spoiler is suppose to go there is that black plastic piece that goes the length of the window across. Am I suppose to drill that? I also need new rubber for the edges, what and where would I go finding it?<P>I hope that's not too many questions for ya... thanks for your help. Muchly appreciated...

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

Orange-GSR

Post by Orange-GSR »

Do you mean a GS spoiler? or the GTR Wing because I have the GTR now not the factory.<BR>If you got a GS spoiler then the holes are all ready there for it under the hatch garnesh but if you got the GTR wing then you need to drill the holes for it.<BR>If you need help doing this let me know,I am sure I can give you a hand.

EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Hey orange GSR<P>Im Oscar, I also have an orange MX-3. actually it is too close for comfort, why did you decide to paint it orange w pearl gold?<P>I realize that I cannot be the only orange mx-3 out there. When I painted my cat over two years ago. I was,to the best of my knowlege the first and only. I wanted to be original. It bothers me to see others with it. but then again, you are now the 4th to my knowledge with the colour. 3 including myself in Toronto and yourslef now! So I'm pretty passive! $4500 sounds right. That is what I paid<P>I must say it looks really nice! But I just wanted to be the only one! I guess thats out the window now! [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<P>Check out the link to see some pics of my car taken by Jeff and Andrew at the Missisauga meet <BR><A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/meets/miss5/" TARGET=_blank>Pics</A><p>[ June 30, 2002: Message edited by: EZ_4_FUN ]
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
Orange-GSR

Post by Orange-GSR »

EZ where did you get the paint code for your orange?<BR>I too chose orange to be different.Here in B.C it's Baby blue this and Baby blue that I am so sick of it :roll: <BR>I Chose to go orange when I Traveled to Austraila because there are alot or nice orange cars there and I through to was too cool then the Fast and the Furious came out and I was set on the color.<BR>But look at it this was here in my city there are over 100 baby blue Honda's just be glad you didn't pick that color

Shades

Post by Shades »

Hey Sean,<BR>Yeah I have the GS spoiler... this one:<BR> Image <BR>The one off a 92 MX3...<P>I don't know if you could but I also need it painted... if it is possible how much would you charge to paint it Creek Blue Mica... right now it's that 92 green... blah!<p>[ June 30, 2002: Message edited by: Shades ]

Orange-GSR

Post by Orange-GSR »

Ya I could paint it to match your blue for about 50 bucks let me know <BR>and we can meet up I can try to have it done befor the meet if you like

Shades

Post by Shades »

Hey Orange-GSR... just to let you know I e-mailed you... ummm, if you didn't get it just let me know when is a good time to drop by or meet up.<p>[ July 05, 2002: Message edited by: Shades ]

Shades

Post by Shades »

Not even sure you got my post... try again.

MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Hey Shades, Orange-GSR and I will be up at NSAV in North Van tomorrow morning. If you want to meet up with us there say around 11:30 am, let us know if you can make it out.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Shades

Post by Shades »

I'll try and make it... I have to be back in Coquitlam to work at 1pm... also I have to drop my car off in North Van for some engine work.

MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Shades, didn't see ya today up at NSAV. Give Orange-GSR a shout tomorrow if you get a chance.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”