320hp mustang GT AND a little KLZE

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
DavidOS

320hp mustang GT AND a little KLZE

Post by DavidOS »

i dont have my exhaust done or any thing really other then the ZE with the ze ecu and i have many other things i plan on doing,... so this was a good test.

He pulled harder then me in second by a fair bit thats when he gained about a car length on me but his power ****s itself at 6100 mine goes to 7500 now so i kept making up ground between shifts.

in the end i lost but i think with my exhaust, better intake, some basic airflow stuff(headers)

it would be closer to even.

i read stats on those cars afterwards and found out they are capable of 13.5 1/4 mile times... hmmmm
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
RoundTop

Re: 320hp mustang GT AND a little KLZE

Post by RoundTop »

You will gain a good amount of performance with the exhaust and intake.

The exhaust should also help your shifts be a bit smoother at higher RPMs.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

what time did you do
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

ikarus1

Post by ikarus1 »

I raced a 2003 GT w/ my Sentra SR20 car and he ran a 13.9 with only a Bassani X-pipe and catback. Dunno about the 13.5, seems a bit fast for a 4.6L car w/o a supercharger. Remember these engines are pretty expensive to mod heavily since they are SOHC. Now a Cobra on other hand....12's easily with a few mods like a smaller blower pully and a diablosport programmer on the dyno.

14.9 with stock exhaust is very impressive in my book, considering the rule of thumb general is "the amount of liters in your car require the same inch exhaust system" with N/A cars.

BTW the same GT ran a 14.5 with the traction control on :) made me feel good w/ my 16.1 LOL
The next time I raced him he spanked me by 14+ car lengths! I will have my revenge with this KL or the NEXT!

<small>[ June 09, 2004, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: J Love ]</small>
93 White MX-3 "Ebay special"
94 Green 626 V6 5-speed "family car"
94 Mazda B2300 SE "project turbo truk"
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

yah well a few more small mods and we should be even or i should pull harder on him

ikarus1

Post by ikarus1 »

This proves to me that I am not even going to do a swap without headers bolted to the ZE; it just makes everything else downhill you know what I mean? I want the thing to breathe as soon as it comes to life....

I am thinking headers, high flow cat, and 2.5 inch exhaust with a glasspack resonator and magnaflow 14833 muffler would just about do it right for me. That magnaflow looks amazingly like my stocker except for the rust!

Then tuning my VRIS and fuel are the only variables hopefully....
93 White MX-3 "Ebay special"
94 Green 626 V6 5-speed "family car"
94 Mazda B2300 SE "project turbo truk"
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

maybe this seems like a dumb question but with difference is there between a glasspack resonator and a regular one...is the sound quieter?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

glasspack is a high flow resonator. It is louder than stock one.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”