Vote: KL-ZE OR B6T?

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Gro Harlem

Re: Vote: KL-ZE OR B6T?

Post by Gro Harlem »

Yup, I'd much rather have a BPT than a KLZE. Way more potential, lighter in weight (i don't want to argue about this, but I know for a fact the bpt is lighter since i've owned both motors), and more room under the hood.

I'm actually contemplating swapping my KLZE for a BPT. Probably won't happen b/c of how much work is involved but I would do it if I could find the time and money.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

i think i would want a KLZE but after flyin Miata bringing out their stroker kit for the BP, i would definatly go to that. 2.0 would be a real nice addition. a lot of potential
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

you guys go ahead and sleep on the B6T's... (cjthor/JWMotorsports/josh and myself)
we will see how long the ZE's will stay the quickest in this forum once tracks begin to open.. :2thumbsup:
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

ZE. All the way. Less headaches too. Low km as opposed to the KL is a bonus regardless of a 1-300 dollar price difference.
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Originally posted by Shady469:
you guys go ahead and sleep on the B6T's... (cjthor/JWMotorsports/josh and myself)
we will see how long the ZE's will stay the quickest in this forum once tracks begin to open.. :2thumbsup:
no doubt, a few more parts and a trip to get my car dyno tuned and im totaly ready. 13's here i come.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

i personally am going a kfze with turbo setup , ill have more power than the kl at lower psi, creating less wear on the turbo, but as soon as i locate another kfze block, the fun will really begin!
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

looks like im gonna have to supercharge my ZE to fight all the little turbo buzzers
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Come on, this isn't hard. It's hard for a 4cyl to keep up with unequal displacement, unless you put loads of mopney into it. But then, what would happen if oyu put the same amount into the larger displacement?

KLZE :shrug:
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

[quote]Originally posted by MX3-Freak:
Come on, this isn't hard. It's hard for a 4cyl to keep up with unequal displacement, unless you put loads of mopney into it. But then, what would happen if oyu put the same amount into the larger displacement?

KLZE :)

but if you have a little turbo buzzers then everyone is like :eek: that little 4 cyl just did what!

its the same thing i keep hearing from everyone, "if you spent that much money on a muscle car do you know what it could do". but i think the whole point is to have a little import that can beet the muscle cars. at this point my car is just a waist of money. my rims are worth half as much as the car is. so i think we all know that we are just p!$$ing our money away, i have to admit, power with displace ment is nice. a V6 is nice and throaty. where a 4cyl sound a bit like a weedeater.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

IMO, it depends on what you plan on doing, you you like to AutoX or something with a stable powerband, i'd say ZE/DE and/or Supercharged or light turbo, but a pure drag machine, BPT.

Also, it also depends on what you plan using your car, if its a daily driver and only car, i'd say ZE, if its a secondary car, its your call, but see above

ZE its mostly basic bolt on mods, going BPT, since there is a turbo, there will be alot of tunning if you wanna do it right and dont wanna blow it up. And remember, there's a recommended 60-second idle time when parking your car to let the turbo spool down

Personally, I love my ZE and im gonna stick with it
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Originally posted by Josh:
Originally posted by MX3-Freak:

KLZE :)

but if you have a little turbo buzzers then everyone is like :eek: that little 4 cyl just did what!

who says its not streetable, if you can have 800+ hp supras and rx7s that are 100% street legal then why cant we have a 500 hp v6 that is as well, and yes you can go onto the rx7 forum and find guys with that much hp that are still street legal and pass emissions, now granted there engine is completely different than ours.
and really you can get a bpt for pritty much the same price as a klze, you use the money you were gonna spend upgrading the bpt turbos' piping and every other little thin, and put that into a turbo system for a klze, the klze is gonna produce more power on lower psi (which is a good thing)

i think most peoples fear is that the 10:1 compression ratio is to high to turbo, thats definetly not true, 10:1 just simply means less room for error. And its because of this very small error margin that i will be letting a performance shop do my turbo setup, i would love to do my own setup, but i let the proffesionals who do this on a daily basis take care of it
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

I've had people try to argue with me... "why didn't you just get a muscle car - there faster". Well, there also ugly as hell. I can appreciate the power but they turn my head away. ugly.
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

street leagal and streetable are 2 different things.

6000 H.P. top fuel motor in a bone stock 1969 dodge dart with no power steering and non-power 4 wheel drum brakes.

this is street legal.

it is not streetable, meening its almost impossible to actually drive it on the street since you can control all that power.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

once you get your FWD car up to a certian pont it becomes hard to handle and really is only good for the track. the RX7's and Supras arnt even compairable. RWD is alot easer to handle then a FWD with massive amounts of power.
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

Anyone kno the weight Of both engines? (KL-ZE & BPT)???

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”