Anyone Track Race

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
SE-Man

Anyone Track Race

Post by SE-Man »

And I don't mean the drag strip eather..... I was planing to turn my MX-3 into a race car, I got kinda tired of drag raceing with my Formula350, now I'm planning to track race. It seems to me the the MX-3 (V6) falls in to the GTi catigory. How well do they fair aganst the other cars, and does any have times for the offical 1.1 mile oval track?
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Anyone Track Race

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Whats a GTi category?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Grand touring intermedete, I think. Or I'm an idiot.
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

i know the wind drag is low but the frame flexes alot??

i am going to road race my rx7 in the summer
13.023 @ 105 mph
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Hey Aaron, i though you had like a Mini or something. Also, where are you racing your rx-7? I would love to Road Race my mx-3, or jsut road race period! I've always wanted to. I got a few hookups for Auto-X for the summer, but i would love to give road racing a shot with my Mx
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by aaron the hic:
i know the wind drag is low but the frame flexes alot??

i am going to road race my rx7 in the summer
cool to hear what gen anyways?

I think the frame flex kinda will depend on the rules and the extent of prep he wants to do.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

They have something called SOLO II (Up here at Least) were you run on an offical track, but times and scores are unoffical (that and you run solo)and you can run any car. I was planning on trying that for the summer, then next season start in the SCCA novice groups, then after my novice season strip my MX and beef it up and keep it a a "track Only" car.
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

i would guess shanonville, mosport, cayuga??

i'm new to it and don't know how much it will cost me yet

i picked up a second gen 87 TII , pretty impressed with it. handles really well, easy to get out of corners. dual piston aluminium calipers up front, aluminium a arms and spare tire, posi. only on 7 psi boost but will work for 10 see if it blows up.

I couldn't find a mini for under 3000 that was running, it was too much work and rust for me
13.023 @ 105 mph
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

you let me know when and how much and im there, as long as i have my summers back on.

BTW, i was talking to 1sickmx6 (said he's a good friend of yours)last year and i dont know if it was him or one of his friends, but they said they could hook me up with a CAI. He e-mailed me back in late 2003 and i hold him sometime this year, and im ready almost anytime, but my hard drive died and i lost his e-mail address. If you can, get him to e-mail me at mfortin2(at)cogeco.ca

(replace (at) with @, spam prevention technique)
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

Yea,

I'm going to attended my first auto-x at the end of this month. It's a Solo1 where basically all you need is a helmet, pay the fee, and get tech'd. Hopefully I'll have some neato pics and lap times up on my CD Page

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”