Whats the most Power thats been put out of an Mx3?

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
aaronthehic

Re: Whats the most Power thats been put out of an Mx3?

Post by aaronthehic »

i'm still waiting for 325hpmx3 to show up.

his car has 325hp but he doesn't care

hic out
13.023 @ 105 mph
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by aaron the hic:
i'm still waiting for 325hpmx3 to show up.

his car has 325hp but he doesn't care

hic out
Wow.. i needed that good laugh thanks man.. =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
DRAG323

Post by DRAG323 »

For info:
Dave's motor 575 whp (see dyno sheet) torque ? 1/4: 11.11 @ 139

I'm purchase only the shell and i put a BP n/a ,the only thing that i change are the rods(B6T rods bigger).

Photo:
All my set-up
Run a T4
Change the T4 for a GT 35-40R
1/4: 11.28 @125 at 18 pounds
Expect about 450 whp.

For this summer i hope to run in "9sec" with my new set-up.
Forged block
New cams
Headers
T.Body
626 turbo tranny
13flat

Post by 13flat »

how much does all that run $$$$wise?...the forged block n' such, i'd be great to see more people doing that turbo or otherwise!
Goal: 1/4 mile time of 13.099 or better, N/A. ...still in the works

http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?ittfund
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

The most out of a KLZE was 790bhp. It was a complete Race setup with a twin Turbo, from some race engine company. They spent over $33,000 USD on it, they sold it a while back. Not sure where it ended up, I hope its in some MX3. Ha Ha Ha.
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

no it was never built for an mx3 and never will be put in one. It will not fit and it was built for a rear wheel drive car.

<small>[ February 14, 2004, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: mrspanky79 ]</small>
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

it was built, I saw the add for it, but it wouldnt fit it a MX-3, it was built for a RWD platform.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

Originally posted by seneca:
Hey is that a BPT engine??? Ok, heres another question...if you are going for overall power or most power for you dollar which is the best way to go? Its just that I bpt seems like alotta work, but it already has a turbo...where as a klze bolts on alittle easier, but would need a turbo....which is the best route???
Still would like to know

<small>[ February 19, 2004, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: N/A ]</small>
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Correct it was built, and correct again it was for a RWD. That much power in a FF would just be stupid waste. FF cars cant take that amout of power properley.

However, it was a KLZE. Well in some form, originally a KLZE. Now a stupidly high powered engine.
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

Here is some info on a twin turbo kl
Twin Turbo KL
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

what about the rotary guy?? the 20B engine in the mx3.. wasnt that around 590hp or somethin? i know it ran 9 sec in the 1/4 mile. :D anywayz... not exactly a reliable commuter LOL
~ sam
92 Autozam AZ3
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

What 20B guy? If your talking about Marco Acustas ( I think I spelled it wrong) 20B powered MX-3, I believe it was more like 1,100 WHP. I think it turned 7.5's in the quarter. It was RWD, tube front end, 20B Cosmo engine, single T88 turbo, w/ 150HP direct port nitrous. His car was stolen, trailor and all from the track last I heard. That would be the fastest "MX-3" that I know of. The fastest FWD MX-3 to knowledge would be Dave's for now. My car turbo only w/o nitrous will make enough power for low 11's to mid 10's in the quarter. My MAZDASPEED limited slip for the Pro LX tranny along w/ custom stub shaft is on order. This will help my times A LOT!!! Then when I go to the custom dog gear box w/ slicks I'll have an Insain amount of traction compared to any other MX-3. Look for some CrAzY ET's to come in the next couple race seasons, not just from me but some other NICE setups on here also! It's about time for us to open a can of Whoop A$$ on the pro hondas!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
curve

Post by curve »

Well I dont know exaclty what hp numbers I am getting to the groung but I do know I am make 400 hp at the crank when I hit the little red button. I will be stripping my car in the next 2 months and getting rid of the 500 lbs of fiberglass stereo box and amplifiers, I will also be pretty much gutting the car down to nothing but 2 seats and a cage. Im hoping with my slicks and my lsd tranny to take my 12.46 time at 113 that I pulled last year into the upper to mid 11's. I HOPE.

:driver:
93 KLZED Mx-3 with MSD ignition, LSD tranny, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, short throw shifter, underdrive pulleys, Nology plug wires, header with open 2.5" exhaust and ractive muffler, and of course 125 shot Zex system with bottle heater electric bottle opener and purge valve, all autometer carbon fiber gauges, (Dash is completely custom in the gauge cluseter area), alpine deck with 6 disc changer, orion 32 band digital eq, 5 Linear power amplifiers, 2 alpine digital crossovers, 1 JL w5 12" woofer fiberglassed into the spare tire hole, q-form kick panels with 5 1/4 and tweeters, fiberglassed door panels and rear panels, alpine security system, also ground control coilovers, 17" Konig wheels with nitto tires, ractive rear strut tower brace, cross drilled and slotted roters on all 4 corners, GTR rear spoiler, 2 Sets of neons, and clear bumper and corner lights. I cant take credit for building this car it belonged to another mx-3er who built the whole thing and if you would like to see it being built go to Woodyscustomcreations.com

1/4 mile times 13.46 at 103

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”