new slicks 20x7x14 ??

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
aaronthehic

new slicks 20x7x14 ??

Post by aaronthehic »

I will have to take the ze speed govenor out because the tires are so short. but it will help with weight displacment over the front wheels. the weigh 26lbs with rim , so that will drop 40lbs which is alot to me. I want to get a 15" steel rim and skinny/light weight tire for the rear instead of the 13" snows i have now. it sounds like an easy 12 sec pass is nothing blows up ;) <p>would anyone know how to remove the govenor hint hint Lazzie
13.023 @ 105 mph
millionflame

Re: new slicks 20x7x14 ??

Post by millionflame »

You just pull pin M1 out of the ECU.<p>I'm 99% sure it's M1 (trying to re-call from memory). If you go to Probetalk and search, I had a discussion with a fellow there (his name is KCV6 there and mine is millionflame) in the V6 Performance section about that.<p>~A<p>[ July 26, 2003: Message edited by: Aiden ]</p>
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>One function of pin 1M on the JSPEC setup is to work the 180Kmh speed limiter. In answer to the question, I have been running my car for something like seven years with pin 1M not connected, with no problems. I believe there are other Probe/Mazda owners that have also wired their Jspec ECU's this way. I wouldn't suggest it if I hadn't tried it <p>Also rev limiter and speed limiter are two seperate issues. I'm sure most of you are already aware of this. The rev limit should not be exceeded, without valve train mods, you will damage your valve/seat faces.<hr></blockquote><p>I found the thread and re-posted the info here.<p>~A
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

thank you from the big stinky T-dot!<p>I have friends hwo are moving to victoria in aug ( lucky bastards ) soon enough. how is the racing scene out there?
13.023 @ 105 mph
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Mild to good at best.<p>We need a better track before the scene can pick up.<p>There is a plan in the works for a 1/4 mile, road course track to be built mid-island.<p>~A
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

it's good here cause everybody and his brother has a 16.0 civic that needs a beating. but at the strip there are alot of 10-11sec cars the all the time. most imports fight for 14's
13.023 @ 105 mph
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Ya if you hang out at the track in Victoria you meet a lot of serious people with some very decent cars.<p>There's a lot of stuff like the usual Civics, Cavaliers, Sunfires, or that crap, but if you meet the people in the club there, and join, it's a good group to get into.<p>~A
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

when you say pull pin m1, does that mean you cut the wire in the plug going to location m1 on the ecu, or is it an internal ECU thing?<p>thanks
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Well, literally I meant pull it out. If you're careful enough you can just pull out the metal male-connector in the plastic connector-box and then just tape it up.<p>Either that, or you could cut it, but if you do make sure there's lots of room left just in case you need to put it back.<p>~A
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

i'm sorry to dig up an old post but i was searching for sizes for slicks, how did the 20-7x14's work out for you? should i get them or what sizes would be best? when i need them i should be pushing a good amount of hp.
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

somethin's weird...Aaron you are asking for help to take out the speed governor in the ze ecu and YOU are the one who describe it to me how to take it off couple of months ago :shrug:
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

check the dates of the posts babyblue
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

i'm trying to find out if these tires worked good for him, or if larger ones were better. thats why i dug this post out. thanks for any help
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

they were too small, but good for honda's with crappy torque

depends on hp
I was 3/4 the way through 5th @ 106mph

best 60' was 1.899 i think
13.023 @ 105 mph

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”