October Drag Board

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Gabi

Re: October Drag Board

Post by Gabi »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nd4SpdSe:
what you got for turbo setup on the ZE? HOw many PSI?<hr></blockquote><p>'88 probe turbo,'94 supra intercooler vortec fmu, msd ,apexi bov, delta gate waste gate, blitz boost controller,super afc,rx7 turbo fuelpump.......
5 psi for now and if I install the millenia injectors by friday, then I will run 8 or 9 psi.
See you in my rear wiew!!
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

we really need some 4cyl up on that list. Where is everyone and there boosted 4cyl? jade? cjthor? jwmotorsports? thatk id from texas with a black bpt?? come on guys give me reason to engine swap haha
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

how much that rin you you figure?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Gabi

Post by Gabi »

I would say about $2500
See you in my rear wiew!!
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

hehe we would have some more 4cyl times but all the dfw people only get to race at 1/8th mile tracks...
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

well i will be taking mine to the ennis 1/4 mile soon but right now im installing wiseco pistons in mine so no times from me for a little while. id like to see what my 14-15 psi will net me time wise.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

torpedan, im moving to austin on july 27th, just signed the lease last week...any tracks around there??? hopefully my bp swap will be done before I have to drive there from upstate ny hehe
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

If all goes well I am goin to the track tonite. I got the car up to 12 pounds last night but I dont think I am gonna run it that crazy tonite. Prolly only five..Reason being is that to run 12 I have to "modify" the wastegate.. Probably not smart for track use ;) I will keep ya all posted!!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Well I won't get to the 1/4 untill I get the big turbo on & running. I'll probably put it on the dyno befor going over 14 PSI or so. You probably won't see me hit the 1/4 untill the NOPI Race Wars in Dinwiddie, VA on August 16 & 17. Depending on how much boost I'm running, they may only let me make one pass because I don't have a roll cage. ;) If I remember correctly it is 11.99 and faster HAVE to have a roll cage to run.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Manach

Post by Manach »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JWMotorsports:
Well I won't get to the 1/4 untill I get the big turbo on & running. I'll probably put it on the dyno befor going over 14 PSI or so. You probably won't see me hit the 1/4 untill the NOPI Race Wars in Dinwiddie, VA on August 16 & 17. Depending on how much boost I'm running, they may only let me make one pass because I don't have a roll cage. ;) If I remember correctly it is 11.99 and faster HAVE to have a roll cage to run.<hr></blockquote><p>I know that in my province those 2 things are needed if you want to run.<p>Car below 13 seconds, the driver need to wear a helmet.<p>Car below 12 seconds, the roll cage is necessary!
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JWMotorsports:
Well I won't get to the 1/4 untill I get the big turbo on & running. I'll probably put it on the dyno befor going over 14 PSI or so. You probably won't see me hit the 1/4 untill the NOPI Race Wars in Dinwiddie, VA on August 16 & 17. Depending on how much boost I'm running, they may only let me make one pass because I don't have a roll cage. ;) If I remember correctly it is 11.99 and faster HAVE to have a roll cage to run.<hr></blockquote><p>
what is the fastest your car has run to date?
13.023 @ 105 mph
dennisvs

Post by dennisvs »

14.82@98mph ZE (no mods done)<p>open air filter.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

An unofficial high 8sec pass in the 1/8th. Not sure in the quarter. I'd say low 13's when the turbo was working right at 16psi. It's looking like it will be the first to mid of July before I'm running with the the big turbo. There has been SEVERAL hold ups along the way. I still won't see it for about another 3 weeks!!!! :(
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
nolanspawn

Post by nolanspawn »

My best in the<p>1/8: 10.092
1/4: 15.680 @ 86.64<p>This is in my all motor 2.0L Ford Probe. Not sure if it counts for this. Here is proof
Image<p>Josh
1994 Ford Probe 2.0L
AWR R&D
94mx3rsr

Post by 94mx3rsr »

14.850 @ 95.726 @ nappi<p>stock 94 mx3/bp turbo & euro spec mapping (165hp)
Jean-Michel Basque
STOCK BPT @ 8.5PSI
3 RUNS ON THE 1/4 = 14.85 @ 96

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”