Fastest N/A times?

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
torpedan

Re: Fastest N/A times?

Post by torpedan »

None that are very recent and show all of the work. I will get some here soon as i go behind the dash to pull the remnants of the out.. Would be a bit easier if the car was moveable. =] should have em by next week this week is going to be a very long work week.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

okay got a digital camera and a few BAD photos.. i need to clean out the car and take out the passangers seat so you can get a better view.<p>Image<p>Image<p>but none the less you can make out some of the work that has been done.,.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
powerman_5000

Post by powerman_5000 »

Damn Antwan he's got you beat.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Tar removal is one of the great pains in life...<p>Yeah i dont know why i havnt pulled the plastic off the doors yet.. i will prolly do that in the next session i work on it.. i just pulled the dash again (what was left of it) to begin working or removing the last of the sound insulation/tar behind it..<p>Removing the tar is really a multi step process.. First and formost get a Heat gun, something of resonable quality as of it will see heavy use.. basically you need to heat up the tar and use a plastic scraper to remove it.. Be sure to keep sevral as of as the scraper heats up it will get flexable and not work as well.. <p>If your really pressed you can use a heat gun and a spatula or two.. just i suggest not using anything metal as of it will scrape off the paint.<p>Doing this will leave small spots and minor reside.. the small spots can be heated or removed with solevent.. which will also remove the resdue.<p>The raceing seats will come in time just on teh 1/8th mile the car runs a 10.6 as best.. really it was seeing how fast i could get the car without spending a lot of money.. all in all the car has had about 200$ spent on it performance wise. Which is out the window given the transmission fnially gave out at 110k miles on it.. granted track racing is hard on em too. am going to swap in a BPD and eventaually turbo it.<p>I cant live without the radio ;) . The dash is a real pain to take out. if you want details i can tell but its really not worth it unless yous REALLY serious about taking off as much weight as possible. the metal frame underneath its 95% of the dashes weight anyways.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

YEah i can see that as working but i left them were they were.. out of the way of geting itno something else =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

sacrifice!sacrifice!sacrifice!<p>good to see it isn't all white face guages and dvds
13.023 @ 105 mph
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Rice goes good as a side dish with chinese food but not in a tailpipe.. <p>It is agravating seeing some of the things poeple do but being a speed motivated person i dont see the joy in all looks. My goal is to beat mr cline while still in NA forum.. granted that means taking a whole second off my current 1/8th time... i dont see it happeing anytime soon but i am gettting close =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

keep at it and i think you could at least break the 10.0 mark. now you swap in the bpd and you should be there. then turbo it and watchem drop. but im getting the haltech installed right now so catching me will be alittle harder now. im trying to see what the best times i can get out of the bpt stocmk with just a boost controller in the haltech alone and then just tune the hell out of the bpt with it and hopefully i can be real close if not in the high 8's in the 8th. then it will be turbo upgrade time. slap a larsens manifold on there and go from there. thats my plans but im not saying what turbo im gonna get. my little secret for one and 2 im not sure on which one yet. either way youll have to go out to the strip with us again when you get it running and swap that motor in.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

yeah i really wanna see how my times are once i get a new motor in. granted i dont know how well the BPD will do wil the catback from the mx-3
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
1SICKMX6

Post by 1SICKMX6 »

14.231 @ 96.79mph it's a ZE MX6 with alot of stuff done and racing seats but full interior, on BFG drag radials (2.089 60ft)<p>Later!
93 MX6 Black Plate "1SICKMX6"
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

I ran 15.01@94mph N/A with a kl in my car
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by torpedan:
Tar removal is one of the great pains in life...<p>Yeah i dont know why i havnt pulled the plastic off the doors yet.. i will prolly do that in the next session i work on it.. i just pulled the dash again (what was left of it) to begin working or removing the last of the sound insulation/tar behind it..<p>Removing the tar is really a multi step process.. First and formost get a Heat gun, something of resonable quality as of it will see heavy use.. basically you need to heat up the tar and use a plastic scraper to remove it.. Be sure to keep sevral as of as the scraper heats up it will get flexable and not work as well.. <p>If your really pressed you can use a heat gun and a spatula or two.. just i suggest not using anything metal as of it will scrape off the paint.<p>Doing this will leave small spots and minor reside.. the small spots can be heated or removed with solevent.. which will also remove the resdue.<p>The raceing seats will come in time just on teh 1/8th mile the car runs a 10.6 as best.. really it was seeing how fast i could get the car without spending a lot of money.. all in all the car has had about 200$ spent on it performance wise. Which is out the window given the transmission fnially gave out at 110k miles on it.. granted track racing is hard on em too. am going to swap in a BPD and eventaually turbo it.<p>I cant live without the radio ;) . The dash is a real pain to take out. if you want details i can tell but its really not worth it unless yous REALLY serious about taking off as much weight as possible. the metal frame underneath its 95% of the dashes weight anyways.<hr></blockquote><p>http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=383063<p>Much easier way to do it.<p>[ February 15, 2003: Message edited by: ProtegeSTS ]</p>
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”