engine??

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
shorty

engine??

Post by shorty »

im saving up some money right now got about $2000 for a new motor either kl-ze or bpt but i wanna know which motor can handle a higher boost easier . because i was looking at getting about 300 - 400 whp from my car down the road.<P>running maybe 12 - 18 psi of boost
well project BP is just starting
maldo

Re: engine??

Post by maldo »

Most likely the wrong forum.<P>The BPT is the better of the 2 motors in my mind. Some will disagree but it is a better starting point as it is designed to be boosted. 300-400whp is going to cost you lots. Anything over 250whp will require either a TEC or Haltech to control fuel and spark. Right there you are looking at a min of $1500 with injectors. Ric has the fastest Miata right now with a BP at 455rwhp without the giggle gas. This is also at 23psi (has seen 30psi though), 12-18psi will get you the 300whp area for sure.<P>Check the FI forum for info on boosting both motors, look back in both 4cyl and V6 FAQs for info on boosting/swapping both motors as well.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”