mx-3 1.8 v6 VS. mini cooper (base)

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: mx-3 1.8 v6 VS. mini cooper (base)

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG>i'm done. have a nice day</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> PS You freaking moron!!! Unless you canucks do slalom differently here is what the word slalom means....<BR>slalom <BR>A type of gymkhana in which drivers maneuver through a timed course marked by pylons.<p>[ October 14, 2002: Message edited by: cjthor ]
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
MX3RS

Post by MX3RS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG><BR> PS You freaking moron!!! Unless you canucks do slalom differently here is what the word slalom means....<BR>slalom <BR>A type of gymkhana in which drivers maneuver through a timed course marked by pylons.<P>[ October 14, 2002: Message edited by: cjthor ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well I am not Canadian, but the slalom is measured in average MPH, not seconds. What you are referring to is a auto-cross road course or something like that.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX3RS:<BR><STRONG><P>Well I am not Canadian, but the slalom is measured in average MPH, not seconds. What you are referring to is a auto-cross road course or something like that.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> I looked up the word and that is what it said. Also looked up my last months autoweek mag and it said timed.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG><BR> PS Unless you canucks do slalom differently here is what the word slalom means....<BR>slalom <BR>A type of gymkhana in which drivers maneuver through a timed course marked by pylons.<P>[ October 14, 2002: Message edited by: cjthor ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

Dude dont take it out on the Canadians dude, we all know who is "right" in their respective sence...<P>cjthor : you are right obviously in the way you see it, and of course you know what you are talking about!!<P>nvrsrndr : Your buddy may have a base MINI but i do believe looking at the specs, which i am as i type this.. that they would probly be pretty close? i cant comment obviously i wasnt there, and i have never driven let alone raced a MINI.. but there is no possible way, unless that MINI was:<P>a)driven by a moron who cant drive <BR>or <BR>b)desperately in need of tuning<P>.. for you to be that far ahead in third gear... 30 car lengths in 3rd gear, which is approximately what, 360 feet or so? dude i drive a GS as well, an approximation here, probably going maybe 130km/h at the red in third? those numbers are just approximates, but lets just assume..<P>130km/h redline im 3rd<BR>360 feet ahead after 40 seconds<P>Um i think that makes me raise that BS flag too <P> :roll: <P>i dont mean to be pissy, but dont try to impress man
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Didnt mean to piss off any other canadians...sorry guys.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5spd_GS:<BR><STRONG><P>130km/h redline im 3rd<BR>360 feet ahead after 40 seconds<P></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>wtf dont u guys read! I said that he gave up because i reeled him in so fast in second that he didn't even have a chance to win. I was still going of course but noticed he surrendered i was 30 cars ahead. I know that it would be impossible to win by 30 cars dummy. read prior posts before posting.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nvrsrndr:<BR><STRONG><P>wtf dont u guys read! I said that he gave up because i reeled him in so fast in second that he didn't even have a chance to win. I was still going of course but noticed he surrendered i was 30 cars ahead. I know that it would be impossible to win by 30 cars dummy. read prior posts before posting.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Yea yea yea. I think after he hit first gear he gave up. The MINI has 110 foot pounds of torque. You have close to the same but due to your intake and opened exhast he had you off the line.. Dude lets drop this cuz we both know who would win on the track ;)<p>[ October 14, 2002: Message edited by: cjthor ]
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG><BR> I looked up the word and that is what it said. Also looked up my last months autoweek mag and it said timed.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ummm no, the slalom is set to distinguish the highest speed that a vehicle can monouver through the pylons. pylon eh :roll:
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nvrsrndr:<BR><STRONG><P>ummm no, the slalom is set to distinguish the highest speed that a vehicle can monouver through the pylons. pylon eh :roll:</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> WHAT THE FU*^ EVER!! I looked it up in the freakin dictionary and that is what it said.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

so just admit that with my set up against a base stock mini cooper I would win. not by 30 car lengths but by at least 3. :p
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nvrsrndr:<BR><STRONG>I think that having my suspension done profesionally has given my car all its true hp.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>how would suspension affect your HP?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nvrsrndr:<BR><STRONG>so just admit that with my set up against a base stock mini cooper I would win. not by 30 car lengths but by at least 3. :)
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paragon:<BR><STRONG><P>how would suspension affect your HP?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It doesn't add any hp but it helps getting the hp that u do have to the pavement.<P>ie. when u lower your car u will notice 3 things.<BR>1) acceleration is better<BR>2) braking improves<BR>3) handling improves<P>also with coilovers u can put more weight on the front wheels so u get better launches. ;)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nvrsrndr:<BR><STRONG><P>It doesn't add any hp but it helps getting the hp that u do have to the pavement.<P>ie. when u lower your car u will notice 3 things.<BR>1) acceleration is better<BR>2) braking improves<BR>3) handling improves<P>also with coilovers u can put more weight on the front wheels so u get better launches. ;)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You already have 60 percent of the weight of the car in the front. I think it would be better if you tried to even out the balance of the car so you get better weight transfer during launches.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”