Insurance when going to the track ?????

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Max

Insurance when going to the track ?????

Post by Max »

Well I went to the track (Luskville in Quebec )yesterday and i was wondering if we are covered by our insurances if we cause an accident ??? Would i have to mention to the insurance that i race my daily driver 3 times a year ? Would there be an additionnal fee ?<P>Thanks
natural born honda killer

Re: Insurance when going to the track ?????

Post by natural born honda killer »

not sure if theres a fee but i would highly doubt your ins would cover you racing your car as thats not what it was meant to do. or any car for that m,atter unless you were a professional racer. could be wrong but i would think thatd be the case.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

Well when you tell Insurance where the accident happened I'm sure you'll get a lecture from your rep. Depending on your provider you can hash out a deal where you pay a lot extra but it covers you in instances like that.
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

Past expereince with standard insurance companies is that they do not cover you at the track. you have to have a seperate insurance policy to cover your car & liability in case you fireball it into the stands. Many of the larger companies will drop your policy alltogether if you mention that you race your car, even if it's just 3-4 times a year. Wreck it while racing, esp. those idiots that street race, & you dont get anything.<BR> Some of the bigger companies have sideline insurace that covers race cars & the like, you can ask them about it, just dont mention that it's your regular car. ;)<BR> Depends where you are, but have been to a couple tracks that required you to have insurance, or pay a coverage fee to race.
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p
Max

Post by Max »

The only fee is 20 $ for all you can run... and you sign a contract saying that if you get killed there not responsible.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”