What do you think?

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
tcsnipe

What do you think?

Post by tcsnipe »

My friend has a 92 GS with intake and exhaust. Some other guys want to race him at our local track. They have a 96 Eclipse with intake and exhaust and the other has a 2000 civic si with exhaust. Who do you think will win?
quinn_seipp

Re: What do you think?

Post by quinn_seipp »

depends what the eclipse is... if its the GSX???(not sure but the awd version) he will get cooked, and I would root for the civic [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

being dsm owner i have to say eclipse is gonna win it, having 140hp 130tq stock it has good power to kick any civic, it should be close race but they will both (mx3 and eclipse) get that civic
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mitmaks:<BR><STRONG>being dsm owner i have to say eclipse is gonna win it, having 140hp 130tq stock it has good power to kick any civic, it should be close race but they will both (mx3 and eclipse) get that civic</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>they weigh 2800 lbs though. But i think the MX-3 will lose
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

if the eclipse is the RS/GS model, it should be close. however, the 2000 Si is going to tear up the MX-3. i don't know much about newer hondas, but i believe the Si's with the B16 motor put out at least 160 HP (stock) and they are lighter than the MX
powerman_5000

Post by powerman_5000 »

I raced a 1995 Eclipse GS and beat him several times. The first three races he grinded 2nd and I won by 2 1/2 car lengths and the 4th race he didn't mess up and I still beat him by less than 1/2 a car length. So if I can beat one in my RS then he shouldn't have a problem. Not to mention this was on a track.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by powerman_5000:<BR><STRONG>I raced a 1995 Eclipse GS and beat him several times. The first three races he grinded 2nd and I won by 2 1/2 car lengths and the 4th race he didn't mess up and I still beat him by less than 1/2 a car length. So if I can beat one in my RS then he shouldn't have a problem. Not to mention this was on a track.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>the owner you raced cant drive. Stock RS is ~mid 16s....faster than your RS.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
powerman_5000

Post by powerman_5000 »

He told me he pushed it all the way. Not to mention he had like 160,000 miles on it. When he gets back from boot camp i'll race him again and get it on video.

Post by Guest »

man, i test drove a 1998 eagle talon TSI AWD yesterday and let me tell you, either this car wasn't performing right or its not as fast as i thought it was. as soon as it hits 27-2800 rpm, the turbo spools up and you rip to 5 grand, and then it sort of drops off and the rpms sort of struggle to get up there to 7k. of course our cars still arent as fast but u know, thought it would be tougher than that in the high rpms...

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”