92 SOHC vs 88 civic hatchback

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
ikedogg

Re: 92 SOHC vs 88 civic hatchback

Post by ikedogg »

i read all the replies in this post.<BR>"ignorance is bliss"
and konstantine is walking down the stairs...
mattster

Post by mattster »

first off id like to say that the origional 5 second statement is absolutely BS. but on the other hand the 9.2 second 0-60 stated by car-stats.com and other sites is as much BS. when the did the testing for that time obviously they took a nice slow start, shifed at about 5000 rpm and took 3rd maybe even 4th to do it. the GS can easily pull a 8-8.5 second 1-60 with no problem.<BR>secondly, i don't know why you guys are arguing with Protoge STS cuz he knows practically everything about the MX-3, wich is everything more than some of you guys.
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

I's funny how one subject can turn into someting totally diff. LOL.
Cage

Post by Cage »

Just don't burn out your Clutch kinda expensive to fix!!! :roll:
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ike92gs:<BR><STRONG>i read all the replies in this post.<BR>"ignorance is bliss"</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So THAT explains that goofy grin on your face...<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
ikedogg

Post by ikedogg »

that one dude said "why do you insist on making a slow car fast"...?<BR>are we supposed to make fast cars fast?<BR>if so, please tell me how to achieve something that is already achieved...should i rip out the engine of my friend's shelby and then put it back in? ...people bother me
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

ok this is what I have to say a b6 is inferior in the sense that stock it makes 88 hp (I mean not a highly tuned engine at all) I mean why bash honda what is the point they make highly tuned engines.....a b series engine also has very high compression so high boost isnt viable.... I mean I've saw a d15 push 15 psi (and it was half beat) so stop arguing about it just cause you own a mazda (b6 no power stock but can be boosted a little higher)and you "have" to bash honda but it shouldn't be that way....who cares honda makes an extremely good product stock....v-tec.....v-tec....hehehe.....NO point in arguing everyone has their opinion (Honda is still tops in my book)
Steve
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stevech_2001:<BR><STRONG>ok this is what I have to say a b6 is inferior in the sense that stock it makes 88 hp (I mean not a highly tuned engine at all) I mean why bash honda what is the point they make highly tuned engines.....a b series engine also has very high compression so high boost isnt viable.... I mean I've saw a d15 push 15 psi (and it was half beat) so stop arguing about it just cause you own a mazda (b6 no power stock but can be boosted a little higher)and you "have" to bash honda but it shouldn't be that way....who cares honda makes an extremely good product stock....v-tec.....v-tec....hehehe.....NO point in arguing everyone has their opinion (Honda is still tops in my book)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>The DOHC B6 puts down 114hp [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <P>and by the way, its Vtec, not v-tec.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

sts is right....Honda Engines dont have nearly the potential of a mazda engine not to mention most of the honda power is only available at high RPMs which is useless in most daily driving situations. Sure a civic may have a little more power stock but for the price difference between what I paid for my MX and the price of an Si I could spank the s--- out of that Si.<P>-Alex
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

you can make any motor fast with money and honda has a far more superior aftermarket....and you could not take a stock si vs. a stock mx-3 4 maybe a v6 could give it a run but an sir would hand you your a-- even if you had some mods done....there is no point in arguing and I can't believe you actually tryed to burn me on the vtec thing that was so gay...
Steve
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

Stay with me guys,<P>It's like trying to get an Apple (Mac) user to change his ways to the more popular PC. Sure there is a huge following, but once you use a Mac everything else just doesn't do it for you.<P>An MX-3 is a very nice car regardless of how fast it is, the point here is it just looks fast and that's before you even turn the ignition.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
ikedogg

Post by ikedogg »

well...macs suck
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stevech_2001:<BR><STRONG>you can make any motor fast with money and honda has a far more superior aftermarket....and you could not take a stock si vs. a stock mx-3 4 maybe a v6 could give it a run but an sir would hand you your a-- even if you had some mods done....there is no point in arguing and I can't believe you actually tryed to burn me on the vtec thing that was so gay...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Do you pull this info straight from your own butt or someone elses?<P>The Canadian Si has 127hp and not a lot of torque, and it weighs ~2500 lbs. This is about the SAME as a MX-3 GS, but the GS has more torque, throughout a bigger area, and has better gearing, and will launch harder. My car is dead even with a 5th gen Civic from a roll, and David's MX-3 GS with a slipping clutch would still pull on me.<P>The SIR version is NOT found in the USA, and so what you call the SIR is the SI to us. Maybe that will help the confusion. If you'd like to see dyno plots of both engines combined...lemme know.<P>And it wasnt gay for me to correct the Vtec thing, especially since you seem to want to act like the Hondaphile around here.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

this post wins the award for most replies without "KL-ZE" in the header.<p>[ June 20, 2002: Message edited by: Sonicxtacy02 ]
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”