92 SOHC vs 88 civic hatchback

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)

92 SOHC vs 88 civic hatchback

Post by Guest »

my friend has an 88 civic hb in good shape and wants to race..both five speed..who will win?
Pac Man

Re: 92 SOHC vs 88 civic hatchback

Post by Pac Man »

Well if ya got a v6 you'll kill him. I race my friends Hatch all the time and he never can get me.MX-3 will take it NP :)
Why go when you can SHOW!!!!! :)

Post by Guest »

nope, i have a 4 banger, 88hp and i got a muffler

Post by Guest »

jeff, <BR>he wants to race at a drag strip, which is why i ask the ques..if it was a street race(which i wouldn't do or post about since innocent lives r at stake) i wouldn't ask the ques. i would have already raced him and found out for myself.the reason i really need to know is so that i don't want to make a huge fool of my self in front of lots of people.<P>thanks<BR>also could please give me your opinion on this matter on weather i have a chance.<BR>thanks
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

Mx-3's are slow.<P>0-60 in like 9.2 sec lol. So are the base civics so it'll be close.

Post by Guest »

so what do u guys think..should i go for it or back out?
farney

Post by farney »

Not to pick on you or anything because I own the exact same car as you, but why in the world would you want to drag race a stock <BR>MX-3 with 88HP? It's not worth the effort. Same with your friend, why bother with a stock 1988 Civic hatchback. Both cars are unbelieveably slow at a drag strip. Best I could do was just a hair over 17 on a really cold night. Most family cars will beat that 1/4 mile time. Cars like a stock MX-3 were not meant to be drag raced. If you want bragging rights, ask him to go to an autocross and race there. I think thats a better use of the car and you gain practical driving techniques.
White 1992 MX-3 RS. Pacesetter exhaust, custom intake, and custom rear lower tie bar.
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

dont listen to that guy. If yall wanna race then race. Its fun no matter what. Im pretty sure youll beat him. My SOHC beat my friends 91 HB w/ a pretty big gap. So I say go for it.
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by farney:<BR><STRONG>Not to pick on you or anything because I own the exact same car as you, but why in the world would you want to drag race a stock <BR>MX-3 with 88HP? It's not worth the effort. Same with your friend, why bother with a stock 1988 Civic hatchback. Both cars are unbelieveably slow at a drag strip. Best I could do was just a hair over 17 on a really cold night. Most family cars will beat that 1/4 mile time. Cars like a stock MX-3 were not meant to be drag raced. If you want bragging rights, ask him to go to an autocross and race there. I think thats a better use of the car and you gain practical driving techniques.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You could win a ton of money with the slowest car in the world. its called bracket racing, and who cares how slow the car is? Thats like saying racing a vette is stupid because a rail car is faster.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
MX3RS

Post by MX3RS »

not to crap on anyone with the SOHC engine but why do you guys insist on making your car faster? Its made for fuel economy, not to be raced. If you want to make one faster you should have bought a GS or 94+ 4cyl at the very least. I mean even my little brothers 92 Toyota Corolla w/ 200,000 miles on it with an automatic tranny driven by his 16 year-old a-- beats you guys easily. I am sorry if I piss you guys off but it really bugs me when you want to make a slow-a-- car fast.
jojo2k23

Post by jojo2k23 »

You'll beat him, my bro has a 89 civic hatchback and i leave behind so easily its funny.By the way my car is a 92 sohc and have been able to keep up many times.In fact i got proof on camcorder that i beat a honda civic with intake and exhaust and even tried to show off his glowin rpm gauge while we raced on the freeway.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX3RS:<BR><STRONG>not to crap on anyone with the SOHC engine but why do you guys insist on making your car faster? Its made for fuel economy, not to be raced. If you want to make one faster you should have bought a GS or 94+ 4cyl at the very least. I mean even my little brothers 92 Toyota Corolla w/ 200,000 miles on it with an automatic tranny driven by his 16 year-old a-- beats you guys easily. I am sorry if I piss you guys off but it really bugs me when you want to make a slow-a-- car fast.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>First of all....be quiet. Let them do what they want. Do i drive a FAST car? No! not at all, but you know what? I LIKE IT, and ive beaten many a "faster in a straight line" car with my 16 secs of power car.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
MX3RS

Post by MX3RS »

yeah but at least your car has over 100hp not 88hp.
farney

Post by farney »

MX3RS, I'm with you man. Racing an 88hp car is a lost cause. I own one, I should know.
White 1992 MX-3 RS. Pacesetter exhaust, custom intake, and custom rear lower tie bar.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”