MX-3 vs Celica, RSX

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
93mxrgs

Re: MX-3 vs Celica, RSX

Post by 93mxrgs »

my mx-3 will whip the s--- out of all of them/// gs-r's are slow.. rsx's suck, HP DOESNT MEAN s--- IN STREET RACING.... its TORQUE.. and comparitivly, were pretty close in torque numbers, compared to vehicle wieght.. so unless your on the highway, if you can drive you should be ok...
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
KWK MX3

Post by KWK MX3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 93mxrgs:<BR><STRONG>my mx-3 will whip the s--- out of all of them/// gs-r's are slow.. rsx's suck, HP DOESNT MEAN s--- IN STREET RACING.... its TORQUE.. and comparitivly, were pretty close in torque numbers, compared to vehicle wieght.. so unless your on the highway, if you can drive you should be ok...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It is ALL about torque!! No one looks at torque, fools<P>Fast MX3 fact: The 2.5 kl03 and klze have almost the same torque ratings, one just does it faster.
KWK MX3
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Simple fact, in a straight line, stock to stock, both the Celica GT and the base RSX will pull away from the MX-3. The MX-3 is both heavier and more underpowered than the Celica GT, and having a 30hp disadvantage with the RSX isnt going to be made up with the minor weight difference. Tranny ratios are all fairly close, and if one had an advantage, its the hondas and toyotas, as the G series tranny has LONG 1st and 2nd gears.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

wtf heavier !!! mx-3's weigh lke 2600 lbs.???? how much do the other's weigh ?? my mx-3 wont get walked... i'll do the walkin :)
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 93mxrgs:<BR><STRONG>wtf heavier !!! mx-3's weigh lke 2600 lbs.???? how much do the other's weigh ?? my mx-3 wont get walked... i'll do the walkin :)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Celicas are sub 2500 lbs.<P>My protege was 2497 in race trim, and without me.<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
disturbed321

Post by disturbed321 »

My rich friend recently bought one of the new RSX's. I seen him eat up a 5.0 litre mustang that has waaay more horsepower. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
I Eat Dodges & s--- Fords
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by disturbed321:<BR><STRONG>My rich friend recently bought one of the new RSX's. I seen him eat up a 5.0 litre mustang that has waaay more horsepower. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Stock 5.0 mustangs make around 225 hp and 300 ft/lbs of torque. But they do make more power.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

lol this post is still going on. from the celica and rsx we hoped to the 5.0's. wow you guys are funny.
Spetznaz

Post by Spetznaz »

My roommate has a 2000 GT 5spd. We have raced before (My 93 GS 5spd)and have been pretty much even. I had her on the start, even in the middle, I pulled ahead near the end. Plus I had about 80lbs of stereo in the trunk. My 2 cents worth is that they're pretty much the same.
Suspension Techniques lowering kit, front and rear strut braces, Ractive cold air intake, 16" wheels with 215/40's, full cat back custom Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust. Custom Competion stereo, full interior purple neon lighting.
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

oo7sniper....what all ahve u done to the B6T.....ur pullin 13-14 sec 1/4s??? Im not doubting you just curious if I should go this route instead of BPT? what were ur times w/ the stock B6T? How much did it cost you(installation and all)? Thanks for your help bro. Peace.<P>-Alex<p>[ April 07, 2002: Message edited by: I_love_my_MX-3 ]
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

my mx3 is 2300lbs race wieght.... according to the cat scales [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
hooolala

Post by hooolala »

hmm.... i have an 98 Corolla auto (120hp with 122 torque..)that has the same engine as the new celica GT (with out VVTi)..... and i also have a MX-3 GS auto(130hp with 110 torque).. anyway.. my corolla have CAI, Catback, and lighten my car to about 2300lbs (about 135hp now).. and i can say.. my Corolla is faster then my MX-3 GS (stock).. soo.. i would guess Celica GT with 140hp would kill a MX-3 GS (stock vs stock)... <P>btw.. i love both cars..<P>[ April 15, 2002: Message edited by: hooolala ]<p>[ April 15, 2002: Message edited by: hooolala ]

Post by Guest »

The Celica GT will not "kill" the mx-3 GS, but it will still win. I've squared off against a stock celica GT when my mx-3 was stock for the 1/4 mile about 7 or 8 times and he beat me every time. But not by much. The celica GT pulls off to a small lead off the start but the mx-3 slowly creeps up on it. If there was another 50m in a 1/4mile the mx-3 would be it. That seems to be the general point of view around here. The rsx haven't had the chance yet, the weather's still really wet and the tracks aren't open yet. Although the mx-3 isn't exactly stock now (ZE, lightened flywheel, dual-friction clutch, prm intake, 2.25" exhaust, overbored throttle body) can't wait to see what she runs this year.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”