Funny Ebay stuff

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
rukick

Funny Ebay stuff

Post by rukick »

I get a good laugh almost every time I do a search on eBay for mx3 stuff. Stupid things I have see include - some kind of jumper cable that adds 22 hp, all those stupid chips that add 20+ hp. I even saw one that was specifically for the MX3 and claimed to add 20-25 hp to the rear wheels. I had to send a message to the seller on that one. "Hey buddy, that is pretty amazing if that chip can change a front wheel drive car into a rear wheel drive car, and for only $9. I'll take 20!" Got no answer from him. How do these guys get away with these ridiculous claims? Don't get me wrong, I have found some good stuff on eBay but you really have to wade through all the crap. Anyway, I'm done ranting now.
Turbo 94 Protege LX
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Funny Ebay stuff

Post by mitmaks »

anyone seen fake hood pins lol, i think its something new on "rice market"
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

lol a chip that adds 20-25hp to the rear wheels huh? maybe the chip is so powerful, theres power left over....so it sends it to the free moving rear wheels lol?
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

fake hood pins?lol whats next? fake window tint?
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

I got a laugh when I was at Autozone the other day; all that fake stuff in the ricer section... I saw fake antennas! Said they "give your car the 'cellular look!!!'" :confused2: You know that fake BOV we were talking about a while back? I met a guy at school who has one. :laugh: Some people... it's so hard not to laugh right in their faces.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

The fake cellular antenna has been around since the 80s, just changed isles in the store :)
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

by far the worst i've seen is that "double-sided tape-on blower" that u attach to the hood. in the pix they had one on a chrysler sebring or some crap!! :laugh: i just didnt know what to say ahahaaha.. but yea i've seen those phoney antennas. they even sell plastic "shark fins" that look like the new bimmers' navigation thing. :pimp:
92 Autozam AZ3
rukick

Post by rukick »

How the heck would a blower stay on your hood with 2 sided tape? You couldn't drive more than 45 mph. :laugh:

Here is a muffler that adds 15 - 20 hp!! It must have a turbo in it!
ebay muffler
I don't know how these people can sleep at night. Some poor guy new to tuning is going to bid on one of these for his civic and then he's going to brag about it to someone who knows what's up and get flamed.
What's next? Maybe a "special" synthetic oil that adds 30 hp. You could make a killing.

<small>[ October 27, 2004, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: rukick ]</small>
Turbo 94 Protege LX
IKillForPie

Post by IKillForPie »

Increase in performance and pulling power(Add 15 to 20HP). .Deep throaty sound
urg, i'm still hurting from that laugh.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”