Code sequence for factory radio in factory car

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Kizamo

Code sequence for factory radio in factory car

Post by Kizamo »

Lost my battery, installed new one to find I had lost my sterio. This is the original radio in the original car. Anyone help as I have no owners manual. <P>------------------<BR>94 Mx3 DOHC
94 Mx3 DOHC
Brainless

Re: Code sequence for factory radio in factory car

Post by Brainless »

I had the exact same problem when I changed the batterie. Go to a mazda dealer they'll know what to do and they won't charge you anything.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Brainless<BR>93 Red RS<BR><A HREF="http://www.Geocities.com/j_micho" TARGET=_blank>geocities.com/j_micho</A> (last update 30/07/2001)
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

This is posted in the Audio System Info link on the MX-3.com home page.<P> AUDIO SYSTEM ANTI-THEFT CODE INSTRUCTIONS<P> NOTE: The below sequences have not been personally verified by me, and may<BR> only work on some OEM MX-3 radio models. Use them at your own risk. I am not<BR> responsible for any damage that is done to your radio unit. If the code is<BR> attempted 3 times, you may be permanently locked out. <P> If you happen to forget your stereo anti-theft code, try one of the following<BR> procedures:<P> A. The following two images are from the Official Mazda MX-3 Audio<BR> Anti-theft System Pamphlet. <P> 1.Anti-Theft System Pages 1 & 2 <BR> 2.Anti-Theft System Pages 3 & 4 <P><BR> B. <P> 1.Press #1 button. <BR> 2.Press Stop/Eject. <BR> 3.Press AM/FM. <BR> 4.Press clock button ---- will appear. <BR> 5.Enter code 4989. <BR> 6.Press Fast Forward & Reverse at the same time, hold for about 2-5<BR> secs. <BR> 7.Follow your OE code instructions in your service manuals. <P><BR> C. <P> 1.Press "SCAN" <BR> 2.Press "AM/FM" <BR> 3.Press "AUTO-M" <BR> 4.Press "TUNE-UP", "- - - -" appears on the display. <BR> 5.Press "1414"(MX-3 Decks Only) <BR> 6.Press both "SCAN/AUTO-M" simultaneously for 2 to 5 seconds. <P><BR> D. To reset the Anti-theft code to your own code. <P> 1.Turn the key to the "Accessory" position. <BR> 2.Press and hold "SCAN" and "AM/FM" for 3 seconds, "CODE" will<BR> appear on the display. <BR> 3.Press "SCAN" and "----" will appear on the display. <BR> 4.Using the first four "Memory Buttons" change the code digits. (You<BR> can enter "0000" to begin with, which will reset the currently<BR> programmed code.) <BR> 5.Turn the key to the "OFF" position and repeat this procedure,<BR> entering in your own code. <BR> 6.Make sure you keep this code written down somewhere, or you'll have to start over again, hence the name RATS (Radio Anti-Theft System).
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
FoxyDragon

Post by FoxyDragon »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR>[<BR> AUDIO SYSTEM ANTI-THEFT CODE INSTRUCTIONS<P><BR>THANK YOU!!!!! You have just saved me alot of time and aggravation!! *kisses* *hugz*<P>------------------<BR>Owner of 93 Raspberry MX-3 Special Edition
Last Time Politics Entered Religion People Got Burned At The Stake

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”