OMG!!!!!!

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
992mmx3

Re: OMG!!!!!!

Post by 992mmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:
that picture is not fake. i've had that same spider in my house. they are HUGE! at first we thought it was a hobo spider which are poisonous. we took it to the dept of agriculture and they called us back and said it was a housekeeping spider and that it's not poisonous.<p>[ April 11, 2003: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]<hr></blockquote>
he's right, I spent a good month in Florida (predominantly where these spiders reside and get that big) and saw many of them. They are called bannana spiders (or housekeeping spiders), and they JUMP!! I saw a few a little bit smaller, and they have a very flat body, so there would be no shadow. They hop around and one of my friends squashed a huuuuge one. Everyone was squishing them, this huuge one comes bouncing by, he tells everyone to leave it alone, he's standing there and it bounces right on his shoe and just keeps bouncing by. Well, the fact that it touched his shoe pissed him off so he squashed it. guts from a spider that big are not a pretty site. By the way, I don't think wolf spiders reside in Florida, but they sure as hell do here in the Northwest! I hate them!!<p> :D<p>[ April 11, 2003: Message edited by: 992mmx3 ]</p>
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Ya, Wolf spiders don't like warm climates, and wet climates too (not humid though), so they like the Northwest USA, BC area mostly.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

My only thought is if that bastard was behind that clock there is no way the clock would be flat agaist the wall. That thing has to be at least an inch thick!
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
Dephekt

Post by Dephekt »

I'm with Cody. I believe there are spiders that big, I've seen spiders that big plenty of times. But there is no way it was sitting behind that clock. Like he said, that clock was just about flat up againts the wall with maybe about a quarter of an inch in space. There is no way a spider that size could fit behind it.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

ever looked behind a clock like that?
Its dish shaped.
henz94

Post by henz94 »

What i want to know is how he had the balls to remove the clock without pissing off that huge *** spider...
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by henz94:
What i want to know is how he had the balls to remove the clock without pissing off that huge *** spider...<hr></blockquote><p>They usually wont move when something over top of them is moved away.<p>They are masters at sitting (or clawing the wall :D <p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> Ya, Wolf spiders don't like warm climates, and wet climates too (not humid though), so they like the Northwest USA, BC area mostly. <hr></blockquote><p>Wolf spiders can be found all over, I used to see them all the time when I lived in Hawaii and I see them occasionally in Arizona :shrug:
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

we have wolf spiders down here. a banana spider is an orbweaver, it is yellow and black. this spider is not a banana spider.<p>this is a golden orb weaver(banana spider).
Image<p>[ April 14, 2003: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]</p>
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics

Post by Guest »

i hate spiders so much" :( there was one on my wall last night and i almost had a heart attack killing it with a note pad, and the sad part is it might have been almost an inch" :p
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:
we have wolf spiders down here. a banana spider is an orbweaver, it is yellow and black. this spider is not a banana spider.<p>this is a golden orb weaver(banana spider).
:shrug: My bad, anyways, the spider in the original picture is FLAT, it can fit behind a lot of stuff.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”