Latest pic of my ride.

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Latest pic of my ride.

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

i have an AMD sticker on my read window :D
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nd4SpdSe:<BR><STRONG>i have an AMD sticker on my read window :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Huh?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

What do you guys mean about rotating mass?(rims larger than 15's) Is it bad to have larger rims??
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

takes longer for a 18 inch rim to make one rotation, there for acceleration decreases as compared to spinning a 15 inch tire which rotates faster because of its smaller diameter. However the smaller the rim the lower your top speed, not by a lot, but it decreases it, so just find a happy medium ;)
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
TopGun

Post by TopGun »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ryencool:<BR><STRONG>takes longer for a 18 inch rim to make one rotation, there for acceleration decreases as compared to spinning a 15 inch tire which rotates faster because of its smaller diameter. However the smaller the rim the lower your top speed, not by a lot, but it decreases it, so just find a happy medium ;)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That has absolutely nothing to do with it.<P>Big rims = Big lbs.<BR>Big lbs. = harder to gain rotational inertia<BR>15" rims = light, same Overall Diameter (OD) as 17" rims with tires
Speed Kills - Drive a honda, live forever...
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

lol, it does have everything to do with it. take a tennis ball and mark a point on it, then do the same to the basket ball. Roll them at the same speed, and the tennis ball will make more rotations than the basketball, because it is small and spins faster, making it better for acceleration.Goto Barnes and Noble and read a book. THe wieght diffrence between a 15inch rim and 18 isnt huge, it does also make a diffrence, but not a big one..<P>ps, nice sig, hehe<p>[ September 02, 2002: Message edited by: Ryencool ]
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
LiQuId

Post by LiQuId »

Why do you have Hood Pins??
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LiQuId:<BR><STRONG>Why do you have Hood Pins??</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Cuz I am installing a Turbo and the intercooler is going to be in the way of the stock hood latch.. I took it out and put on hood pins...They aint just fer show..
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
LiQuId

Post by LiQuId »

Thank god.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG><BR> Cuz I am installing a Turbo and the intercooler is going to be in the way of the stock hood latch.. I took it out and put on hood pins...They aint just fer show..</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

for the guys commenting on the rims... if you have 17" rims it doesn't make any difference than 15" (other than weight) if you get the right tires [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

When you go up in rim size you want to go down in sidewall.<P>15" rim possible tire 195/55/15 23.4" Dia.<BR>17" rim possible tire 205/40/17 23.5" Dia.<P>0.100" in dia. difference is not a lot, unless you're driving right on your rims. <BR>Price and weight are the only differnece and price is becoming less of a factor because 17's are so common now. <P>one
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

About the intel sticker that someone asked about. It says NOS inside, Not Intel inside.<P>My visors seem okay for me. I'll have to see how they handle the winter.<BR> Image <P>-James
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

alright heres my take on getting new rims. If you want looks you can actually get better speed. First purchase a lighter set of rims than the stock ones ( which isnt hard the stock ones are heavy) <P>Also, when you have 15 inch rims you have much bigger tires, and when you have 17 inch rims you have much smaller tires. So the diameter is the in most caess the same. WHich means you lose nothing in performance you actually can gain performance
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mxmisl
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mazdamxstyle:<BR><STRONG><BR>Also, when you have 15 inch rims you have much bigger tires, and when you have 17 inch rims you have much smaller tires. So the diameter is the in most caess the same. WHich means you lose nothing in performance you actually can gain performance</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Rubber weighs less than steel. I doubt you gain anything at all having 17's compared to 15's
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”