grinding under the wheel well

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
DJester187

grinding under the wheel well

Post by DJester187 »

just wondering on my passenger side when i cut the wheel 1/2 to all the way to the left while driving forward it makes a nasty grinding sound. now this is the only time it does this, if i cut it to the right or even going in reverse it does not make this loud and obnoxious sound. not sure if it is the axel or just rubbing (17's on lowered 1.8") any idea's?
Electric Black '93 MX-3 GSR, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ecu, Outlaw Engineering Thermal Spacers, Custom CAI, Carbon Fiber Invader Style hood, 2.25" straight pipe exhaust, custom muffler, lowered 1.8", and a set of 17" Exel DL-46's. With more to come once I get some $$$....
celery952

Re: grinding under the wheel well

Post by celery952 »

can you see any cuts in the tire or rubber on the fenders? any rubbing marks anywhere?

I had this problem for a long time and I had the bhardest time figureing it out. it was the drive axles rubbing on the plastic guards that are behind the struts. but then again I was lowered 3 inches at that point just a thought tho :)
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

jack car up and check to see where the rims are rubbing.

my 17's rubbed the splash sheild and made a horrible sound. I never cared and now there is a big gash in the sheild from where it rubbed.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
DJester187

Post by DJester187 »

ok will do. i need to take off those rims and put on my stocks anyway for the winter season, so i'll get a well lit view at that time to see if rubbing or not. But if no signs of rubbing exist, it would most likely be the axel right?
Electric Black '93 MX-3 GSR, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ecu, Outlaw Engineering Thermal Spacers, Custom CAI, Carbon Fiber Invader Style hood, 2.25" straight pipe exhaust, custom muffler, lowered 1.8", and a set of 17" Exel DL-46's. With more to come once I get some $$$....
sarah_percidia

Post by sarah_percidia »

I had the exact same problem, couldn't figure it out for a bit, but all it ended up being was the rotor scraping against the heat shield, just bent it back, problem solved

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”