STRUTS

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
mymx.3
Supporting Member

STRUTS

Post by mymx.3 »

I may have to replace the struts. One garage said that they are about $230 ea and boots $120 (I don't think I need to replace the boots unless they are ripped right). Kinda high in price. Be about $2200 with alignment. :crying: Now CTC has regular(?) ones and then better ones. The better ones are about $170 ea. Please give me some insight on this. I don't want to get ripped off. :dunno: Thanks.
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
mxmaz

Re: STRUTS

Post by mxmaz »

You can get kyb gr-2 struts on psituning.ca for $125. They are supposed to be good struts for stock replacment. The price seems a little high cause i have seen them on US sites for $50, but its still alot cheaper then the prices you have listed.
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

holy **** they are raping you ripping you off dude... you can pick up tockico blues for like 99 bucks each on psituning.com it think that canadian site is and eiback pro kit spring for 340
so your looking at 800 bucks for all struts and springs and better performance and lowered all in one hit for 800. Labour shouldnt be as high as they are charging.

Boots are even cheaper then the rest of the ****.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

yah my local les schwab tire center only is asking 150 USD for all labor with new struts and full alignment. i wouldent recomend going their.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

[quote]Originally posted by mymx.3:
I may have to replace the struts. One garage said that they are about $230 ea and boots $120 (I don't think I need to replace the boots unless they are ripped right). Kinda high in price. Be about $2200 with alignment. :D and go get them aligned after for what? around 100$...so 1050 you have a car dropped with some nice springs installed and alligned :2thumbsup:

oh and those prices are cad$
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

seriously please don't pay all that money for what your mechanic quoted you. I put intrax lowering springs on, kyb gr-2's, kyb mounts, new bellows(the plastic covering), strut bars, and an alignment from sears for about 700(u.s. currency) thats a lot of redone suspension that works great and handles like a totally different car for half of what ur guys wants.
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

BabyBlue has got the right idea. Just had A-Spec in Toronto install KYB struts and B&G springs. What a difference :cool:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Thanks for all the info you have given me. :2thumbsup: DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”