is my strut worn?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
yuuki

is my strut worn?

Post by yuuki »

well after driving, i pushed hard down on one corner of my car (front passenger side) the corner stopped bouncing right away. But then after sitting for about 30 mins i pushed hard down on the same corner and it bounced for about a second or so before it stopped.. and then when i pushed down on that same corner again the car stopped bouncing right away again... is this normal?

from what i know, if i pushed hard down on a corner of my car and it would keep bouncing for a while then that strut is worn and if it stops bouncing right away then that strut is fine... but what about my situation? my mind is boggled
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: is my strut worn?

Post by Custommx3 »

well, Id say yes they're worn. if they're warm after driving, the metal shaft could expand and give you less bounce. If you have high mileage, then Id say yes, replace them.
yuuki

Post by yuuki »

actually i just tried it again and it did the same thing but it's not hot anymore, it's cold now... i'm not saying i dont want to replace the struts, but i'd like to know if the current struts on my car are ok now and if it was normal for it to bounce a little the first time u push down on it and then get really stiff and unbouncable the 2nd time u push it down
95mx3

Post by 95mx3 »

well im no expert so im not gonna give a stright answer but it does sound like they are worn. what is your mileage? i have 120k miles and mine are almost on their last leg :D and coilovers. if you want i would suggest buying new ones if you have high mileage, i know you can get KYB's for like 45 bucks a piece on some websites. even tokico's for... i believe the cheapest i found them was $81 a piece. at www.NOPI.com
95 Mazda MX-3 DOHC 4cyl.. 17's, Cat Back w/ 4.5in Tip, Custom Int.(CF Bezel,White and Black, 7"AutoMeter Tach, 4 Neons Hit W/ Bass, $375 Kenwood Headunit), $1300 Custom System(Including 2.25Farad Cap. Custom Built Box w/ 2 cut outs for 6x9's, 2 12" Infinity's, 1200w Amp, 4 tweeters. It might not be as fast, but it sure as hell looks and sounds better than a Honda! CF Invert. hood! Primer&Fittin Drift Front and Sides w/ K-Max Rear.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”