Mazdaspeed Sway Bar

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
millionflame

Re: Mazdaspeed Sway Bar

Post by millionflame »

Mazdaspeed is the performance section of Mazda. They are the official speed division.<p>They are to Mazda what SVT is to Ford, and such.<p>SRD is a company run by a fellow MX-3 enthusiast named Luc St. Pier.<p>The confusion here may be that some people don't know the different between a SWAY BAR and a LOWER TIE BAR. Maybe?<p>That's the only way I could describe it.<p>They're very different pieces and do different jobs, so I don't know how people could get confused.<p>In the rear, the sway bar attatches to the lower control arms, and has bushings that attach to the frame. It's on the front side of this "metal ridge" running across the car. On the back side there is the lower tie bar.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
playaa

Post by playaa »

No.. I mean someone posted a pick of the sway bar and said it was a Mazdaspeed, when you could clearly see SRD printed on it (polished)<p>[ August 13, 2003: Message edited by: playaa ]</p>
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by playaa:
No.. I mean someone posted a pick of the sway bar and said it was a Mazdaspeed, when you could clearly see SRD printed on it (polished)<p>[ August 13, 2003: Message edited by: playaa ]<hr></blockquote><p>The green thing is the sway bar. The polished aluminum thing is the lower rear tie bar.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”