How many Mx-3 in total?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
valdigre

How many Mx-3 in total?

Post by valdigre »

Does anyone know how many Mx-3 was produced in total? I mean whole world not just Canada?
Do you think this care may become classic in 50 years cause here in Poland this car is not so often as Civics ( :froggie_red:
"For those 10 seconds or less, I am free"
Gro Harlem

Re: How many Mx-3 in total?

Post by Gro Harlem »

no clue, i'd guesstimate 50-100,000 range though. Apparently about 30,000 exist in north america, not sure about other parts of the world.

I never see any around me, which is a good thing. My car turns so many heads its hilarious...ppl think its a honda or a porsche and never guess its a mazda. I debadged it completely so they have to know their cars to guess correctly.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by Gro Harlem:

I never see any around me, which is a good thing.
I've actually been seeing alot lately. There was one at the emissions place I went to last week. Also, a guy moved into the building next to me with one, and his parking spot is two over from mine. Came in handy when I went to put my emblems back on so I knew where to place them. :p
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Yeah, I've searched the Net a few times looking for North American and worldwide sales #s but never found anything other than Canadian #'s on MX-3.com. Used to see an MX-3 per day on my commute around Wash D.C. region but starting a year or so back, it's been more like one per week. Have noticed that areas with big college campuses like Raleigh/Durham NC, Greenville NC, Blacksburg VA have a fair number of MX'ers. Was in the Pac NW couple months back and saw quite a few MX'ers around Seattle area that week and pleasantly surprised on a 2 day visit to Vancouver BC- seemed like MX-3's were REALLY numerous there (especially GS's) by comparison to the U.S. I chalked that last observation up to the extremely high level of style and intelligence possessed by the Canadian citizenry. :2thumbsup: :bowdown:

<small>[ July 06, 2004, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: perhapsadingo8yerbaby ]</small>
Damious

Post by Damious »

Originally posted by perhapsadingo8yerbaby:
seemed like MX-3's were REALLY numerous there (especially GS's) by comparison to the U.S.
i cant go a day without seeing at least 1, but more often then not around 5... mostly Gs's... a couple of times while i walk down the street in my neighbourhood. there is 1 car that sez 2.5 GS-R on it... very cool :2thumbsup:

<small>[ July 06, 2004, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Trancelucent ]</small>
-Damian

***if u know of/have a mx-3 GS with a blown engine and live around me... let me know ;) ***
vAnDaL_Z3rO

Post by vAnDaL_Z3rO »

well..how many people are registered on this message board?..thats a good start...but i doubt that even HALF of the mx owners are registerd on this board.
lets begin a count....i got 1.....lol :D
93 MAZDA MX-3 GS
-1.8L V6
-Underbody Neon Kit (soon to be white)
-Altezzas
-Indiglo gauges (blue)
-DRIFT KIT
-Blue NX racing seats......covers....
Pics here http://members.cardomain.com/vandal_z3ro
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

In Vancouver, BC there are a fair amount of them (not over 100 though I would guess). But most of them are RS's.
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

these cars didnt sell well at all, i heard it was only around 250,000 ever sold. dont quote me on this, i heard someone say it on this site, they were talking about why there are so few availible mods for this car.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

If Mazda had made the RS as a standard 1.8L DOHC and the GS as a standard 2.5L DOHC V6, betcha U.S. sales woulda rocked but then maybe they wouldn't be such an unusual sight either. Now they've been out of U.S. distribution long enough and sales were so low, seems I get asked everywhere "what kinda car IS that?" ppl are always surprised it stopped selling here after 95 because the styling still looks great...and... I agree of course! :2thumbsup:
psneddon

Post by psneddon »

In the UK I think they sold better then in the US but they are still very rare - however 99 people out of 100 don't know what the car is. Whenever I tell someone what car I have without them seeing it i have to say "its a MX3.....which has nothing to do with the MX5". I'm lucky to have a 1997 V6 model with the full body kit with only 33,000 Miles on the clock :)

Paul
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Originally posted by perhapsadingo8yerbaby:
If Mazda had made the RS as a standard 1.8L DOHC and the GS as a standard 2.5L DOHC V6, betcha U.S. sales woulda rocked but then maybe they wouldn't be such an unusual sight either.
I betcha having the Mx-3 with a 2.5 would have hurt Rx-7 and Mx-6 sales. The Rx-7 was mazdas pinnacle sports car those days, a 2.5l mx-3 would be nipping at the heels of a FD3S, especially in japan where the they have the KLZE's for 2.5l's, the only people who would buy it would be RWD enthousiasts, but also in japan where drifting is huge (also also requires an RWD)

My question is where would the Mx-6 fit in if KL Mx-3 was produced?

ALso, the 4cyl mx-3 would still be ncie to have been nice for an entry-level sports coupe thats good on gas, turbo option would be nice.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

theyre kinda rare here, but i see rs's mostly few gs's most drivers are some fat chicks or some older people, not many enthusiats here..
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Originally posted by Nd4SpdSe:
I betcha having the Mx-3 with a 2.5 would have hurt Rx-7 and Mx-6 sales. The Rx-7 was mazdas pinnacle sports car those days, a 2.5l mx-3 would be nipping at the heels of a FD3S, especially in japan where the they have the KLZE's for 2.5l's, the only people who would buy it would be RWD enthousiasts, but also in japan where drifting is huge (also also requires an RWD)

My question is where would the Mx-6 fit in if KL Mx-3 was produced?

ALso, the 4cyl mx-3 would still be ncie to have been nice for an entry-level sports coupe thats good on gas, turbo option would be nice.
Yeah, I hadn't considered the rest of the Mazda line in that light. Good points.
Split Sixer

Post by Split Sixer »

they're some very respectable mx-3 owners where i live. The things they have done with there cars is a fine tribute to the Mx-3. However, some ppl so blatently destroy there mx-3's. I saw one the other day with the cheapest raceing seat covers :mad: they were so tacky.
Splixer
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by Nd4SpdSe:
but also in japan where drifting is huge (also also requires an RWD)
I don't know. Of all the FWD cars I've ever driven, my MX3 has one hell of a case of oversteer. My brother-in-law wants me to do SCCA this fall, and I'm betting I'm going to be doing some nasty tail whips.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”