radiator leaking.

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
antipath

radiator leaking.

Post by antipath »

sigh*, yeah you heard it.. My radiator is leaking! I'm hafta get it check to find it what exactly is causing the leak, hopefully it's some hose proby and not the radiator itself.

If it is my radiator, anybody got a spare laying around? my car is a 1993 gs.

Thank you.
Quote: no pain no game.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/antipath

Vincent.
Gro Harlem

Re: radiator leaking.

Post by Gro Harlem »

Its common for the early-mid 90's Mazda radiators to form cracks in their endtanks & leak. I replaced my radiator in my Protege after the top was leaking like a mofo.

I busted the endtank on my 323's radiator and since I don't want to invest any unnecessary money in the car, I decided to try to repair the hole myself.

What I did worked great & cost me $4 & took hardly any time. Removing the radiator is the hardest part.

Basically, you want to remove your radiator, drain it and locate where it is leaking. Buy some stuff called "PLastic weld", it comes in two tubes, the resin & the hardener. This stuff holds up to 3500PSI (radiators operate at about 12psi) and holds temps up to 250 degrees F. (rads operate at about 170-210 F). I mixed the entire thing together and just slabbed it on top of the hole & let it dry overnight and DAMN THAT STUFF GETS ROCK HARD!!!

Haven't had any leaks since
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
antipath

Re: radiator leaking.

Post by antipath »

Thanks. I'll go to Canadain Tire and try some of that stuff you said, and I'll let you know how it went, thanks!
Quote: no pain no game.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/antipath

Vincent.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”