well....she's lowered

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
heatherc

well....she's lowered

Post by heatherc »

got my car finished..springs and struts....front looks sweet....back isn't as low as i though it would be..is this normal??? the ride is fabulous tho....<P>Heather
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
canadian_ice

Re: well....she's lowered

Post by canadian_ice »

Cool! I'm doing mine by the end of the month (lowering). What kind of springs did you use? And do you have a before and after kinda pic? :D
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I've noticed this as well, I have Apex springs and they aren't as low in the back. Personally it doesn't bother me too much.
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

Tociko blues, and the springs are um----> FAST (they are purple)....i have before pics,,,,but i am taking some this week....so i can see the difference....then i will post them :D
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
white fish

Post by white fish »

they will settle a bit in a few weeks
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

mine settled all the way in about 3 weeks, i did a 2in drop on jamex springs with kyb struts, get ready for negative camber though, my back is over 2 degrees off.<BR>but itll be fine as soon as its not so dam humid out and i have a day off (so i can install camber bolts).<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

my camber is off a bit...so i am going back this thursday to have that adjusted as well, i am noticing that the ride is a bit more 'stiffer' up front...since my tires are a bit bigger than the stock ones he said that i do not have alot of room between the strut and tire...he said something about "slotting???" the struts??? i need to have this explained to me as i do not know much about suspension..... :D
CanadianMx-3

Post by CanadianMx-3 »

purple sounds like intrax 1.75"
Dedicated SR20 SLUT
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by heatherc:<BR><STRONG>my camber is off a bit...so i am going back this thursday to have that adjusted as well, i am noticing that the ride is a bit more 'stiffer' up front...since my tires are a bit bigger than the stock ones he said that i do not have alot of room between the strut and tire...he said something about "slotting???" the struts??? i need to have this explained to me as i do not know much about suspension..... :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>you slot the 2 strut to steering knuckle holes in the strut to allow additional movement to correct for alignment issues.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

Ah i see..........thanx for explaining that one...... :D
Sinistral

Post by Sinistral »

But if your ride is on a 2 inche drop on tokico blue!! YOur waranty is void!!<P>I would like to know how much inche you can go on Kyb Shock..for not voiding the waranty!<P>Thanks!
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sinistral:<BR><STRONG>But if your ride is on a 2 inche drop on tokico blue!! YOur waranty is void!!<P>I would like to know how much inche you can go on Kyb Shock..for not voiding the waranty!<P>Thanks!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>same as tokico, 1.5". Beyond that, not only are their warranties void, but they dont perform nearly as well either.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

i can assure ya that my drop is no more than 1.5... ;)
precidian

Post by precidian »

I know for a fact that the springs are purple from Fast. They have similar spec to Apex springs. The Fast springs lower the car 30mm(approx 1.25"). <P>My Apex springs were rated at a 30mm drop but when everything stttled, I was sitting 36-37mm(less than 1.5")lower.<BR>I will be putting in a set of Tokico Blues this weekend.<BR> <BR>With Heather's setup(Fast Springs+ Tokico blues)or my setup(Apex Springs+ Tokico blues), either of them will work fine.<P>Cheers,
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
MazdaGirl

Post by MazdaGirl »

I have the same "issue" Heather, I used the Apex springs and my rear end sits higher than the front. It isn't as noticeable since I put my rims on (just did that Friday).

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”