Improved handling

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Spetznaz

Improved handling

Post by Spetznaz »

I currently have a front strut brace, 215/40/16's, and Eibach lowering springs. What else can I throw into the equation for even better handling? Does anyone know who makes a good quality rear strut brace? Thanx..
Suspension Techniques lowering kit, front and rear strut braces, Ractive cold air intake, 16" wheels with 215/40's, full cat back custom Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust. Custom Competion stereo, full interior purple neon lighting.
ProtegeSTS

Re: Improved handling

Post by ProtegeSTS »

struts will help out far more than strut tower braces....also a rear sway bar.<P>What kind of tires do you have?
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

bang for your buck go for the rear strut tower brace.. shouldn't be too hard to find.. and is easy to install yourself...<BR>but preferably go for struts.. maybe even a thicker rear sway bar.. bit of negative camber at the front.. *slight* bit of toe out at the rear....<BR>ummm...<P>that's all I can think of..
- EUNOS 30X -
T Biller

Post by T Biller »

Nylon suspention bushes made a worthwhile improvement on my VW, I haven't tried them on my MX3 yet. On the VW I noticed that it was way more stable in higher speed corners. If you use them be sure to use pleanty of the special greese or they will squeek. Lower braces help a lot too, if they are available for the MX3. if you think about it that is where most load is going to be, right off that lower control arm.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Bang for your buck is the tires. Then the rear sway bar, the probably either a front lower tie bar or the rear strut tower bar. The MX-3 GS already comes with a lower rear tie bar. (which bolts onto any BG Protege)
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Spetznaz

Post by Spetznaz »

In reply to ProtegeSTS's question, I have BFG Euro T/A's. For some reason, all the shops out here stopped carrying Toyo's. Something about not being DOT approved in Canada. Anyone know anything about this ??
Suspension Techniques lowering kit, front and rear strut braces, Ractive cold air intake, 16" wheels with 215/40's, full cat back custom Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust. Custom Competion stereo, full interior purple neon lighting.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spetznaz:<BR><STRONG>In reply to ProtegeSTS's question, I have BFG Euro T/A's. For some reason, all the shops out here stopped carrying Toyo's. Something about not being DOT approved in Canada. Anyone know anything about this ??</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Doesnt matter really...nothing Toyo sells is worth the money in my opinion. Something you might want to consider is upgrading to a better tire. Tires are the BIGGEST factor in handling.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><BR> Tires are the BIGGEST factor in handling.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Case in point, the Mosler Twinstar Cadilac Eldorado. Funny how wide sticky Z-rated tires can get 1g+ on the skid pad with soft caddy suspension...
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Coleman:<BR><STRONG><P>Case in point, the Mosler Twinstar Cadilac Eldorado. Funny how wide sticky Z-rated tires can get 1g+ on the skid pad with soft caddy suspension...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>The new caddies are actually suspensed quite nicely. Dont they have some sort of electronic valving in the dampeners?
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”