Replacing Struts - Damn it

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Shady469
Supporting Member

Re: Replacing Struts - Damn it

Post by Shady469 »

i know some of it has to do with that we have 4 bolts (like where one of those strut brace bar things would connect to), and that hondas and stuff only have 2.<BR>the local place here said that their pricing manual has that it would take like $350 US just for install. damn mazdas....
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Moved to the Suspension forum.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Traveler

Post by Traveler »

I have the workshop Manual on the 92 MX-3GS. What exactly would you like to know? <P>Since we're on the subject, where can I find struts and springs for this vehicle without lowering it? How about adjustable, but again, haven't been able to find anyplace that carrys them for my MX.
pelado

Post by pelado »

There is another thread on this forum that mentions some very cheap struts. <BR>As for labor costs, I'd charge $50 a wheel to do it. It's worth at least that in my time and especially since I don't like compressing springs. Of course, since I work out of my garage, no warranty is included!<BR> ;)
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
pelado

Post by pelado »

It's cheaper labor on any car that uses shocks since changing shocks does not require the removal of the springs like cars with struts do. It's faster so the labor is cheaper.<P>It sounds like you have some electrical problem that's making your MX-3 eat alternators.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
T Biller

Post by T Biller »

funny how that when working on a car that you can install a deck chair under the hood in all the extra space, it takes less time to get parts out! Perhaps you should go for a 82 Chev pickup, there's lots of room to work on those too, and parts prices, you can't beet a Chevette, pleanty of jokes to make bout owning a 'vette too. The best part though, you could go and cuss away on a different forum. :roll:
psurollsovau

Post by psurollsovau »

can i just say this is why you do this when you get performance springs! you pay the one rate and get both jobs done!
too much s--- to list!

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”