turbo in the trunk

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Ebsouljah

turbo in the trunk

Post by Ebsouljah »

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701118404

or

http://ststurbo.com/

Has anyone seen this...id love to see someone put one on an mx3....i really wanna see if it would even work....but wouldnt there be a MAJOR lag....
papa roached

Re: turbo in the trunk

Post by papa roached »

we dont have the room under the car to run the pipes
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

actually a company came up with this design for the ford focus, they handle the lack of piping space by putting the turbo where the Cat is.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
MX3ze@7psi

Post by MX3ze@7psi »

This is giving me a really good idea :cool: maybe I'll try it and let everyone know how it works. :2thumbsup: I really miss the boost. The ZE is just not what I thought it would be. :dunno:
MX3 KL-DE, probe/mx6 ebay turbo pipes, T3/T4 50 trim @ 8psi, millenia injectors, SAFC2, intercooled,Greddy RS BOV, turbonetic 38mm external wastegate. Wisco 9.5 forged piston, millenia S rods, and high performance rings coiming in soon. Shooting for 400whp this summer.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Originally posted by Mnemonic:
actually a company came up with this design for the ford focus, they handle the lack of piping space by putting the turbo where the Cat is.
Wow that is a good idea. Maybe need to make some sort of shield to prevent puddles of water from cracking the housing on the turbo though...
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

yea and lag wont really be that bad on the v6
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

If you run the piping to a front mount intercooler and then to the engine you will have an incredible large intake piping, thus one of the biggest causes of lag. And what about the oil drain line from the turbo to the oil pan? And the oil feed line? Yes, you can say that it can be solved with a separate oil circuit for the turbo., which involves a new oil reservoir, electric oil pump, oil radiator,... I don't think it is more easy than installing a "conventional" turbo system. And If you want to keep the turbo on stealth you can check my system, and what you only had to do is relocate your oil filter (piece of cake).
European Mx3 GsRT
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

actually one of the kits has its own oil feed along with resivour pump etc and doesnt use an intercooler

OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

the increased piping creates a larger pressure drop. this means to run 5psi at the engine, you might have to run 9 psi at the turbo. this in turn creates more heat which robs power as well. it will also put more strain on the turbo, and depending on the specs, could max out it's effeciency rather quick.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

or you could just get a turbo made for 12PSI constantly and just run 9 which would be safe....

Return to “Forced Induction”