spark plugs with nitrous

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
curve

spark plugs with nitrous

Post by curve »

Can anyone please tell me what a kind of spark plugs I need to be running in my klze with a 125 shot of NOS. I bounce back and forth from a 75 shot on the street and a 125 on the track. Any help will be appreciated. The reason why Im asking this is b/c I burn up a set of plugs every other time I spray the 125 shot.
93 KLZED Mx-3 with MSD ignition, LSD tranny, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, short throw shifter, underdrive pulleys, Nology plug wires, header with open 2.5" exhaust and ractive muffler, and of course 125 shot Zex system with bottle heater electric bottle opener and purge valve, all autometer carbon fiber gauges, (Dash is completely custom in the gauge cluseter area), alpine deck with 6 disc changer, orion 32 band digital eq, 5 Linear power amplifiers, 2 alpine digital crossovers, 1 JL w5 12" woofer fiberglassed into the spare tire hole, q-form kick panels with 5 1/4 and tweeters, fiberglassed door panels and rear panels, alpine security system, also ground control coilovers, 17" Konig wheels with nitto tires, ractive rear strut tower brace, cross drilled and slotted roters on all 4 corners, GTR rear spoiler, 2 Sets of neons, and clear bumper and corner lights. I cant take credit for building this car it belonged to another mx-3er who built the whole thing and if you would like to see it being built go to Woodyscustomcreations.com

1/4 mile times 13.46 at 103
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: spark plugs with nitrous

Post by Custommx3 »

Id like to know what motor u have that holds a 125 shot...
curve

Post by curve »

I have a klze that is far from stock. Ive been spraying 125 through it at the track for about 8 months now.
93 KLZED Mx-3 with MSD ignition, LSD tranny, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, short throw shifter, underdrive pulleys, Nology plug wires, header with open 2.5" exhaust and ractive muffler, and of course 125 shot Zex system with bottle heater electric bottle opener and purge valve, all autometer carbon fiber gauges, (Dash is completely custom in the gauge cluseter area), alpine deck with 6 disc changer, orion 32 band digital eq, 5 Linear power amplifiers, 2 alpine digital crossovers, 1 JL w5 12" woofer fiberglassed into the spare tire hole, q-form kick panels with 5 1/4 and tweeters, fiberglassed door panels and rear panels, alpine security system, also ground control coilovers, 17" Konig wheels with nitto tires, ractive rear strut tower brace, cross drilled and slotted roters on all 4 corners, GTR rear spoiler, 2 Sets of neons, and clear bumper and corner lights. I cant take credit for building this car it belonged to another mx-3er who built the whole thing and if you would like to see it being built go to Woodyscustomcreations.com

curve

Post by curve »

also if you have any suggestions on some spark plugs could you maybe give me the number on the plugs.

mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Zex plugs.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
curve

Post by curve »

do you happen to know the part number on those plugs

mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

No, they're all the same. They just have a kit for 4 cylinder and 6 cylinders.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

If you're burning plugs you're probably running lean.

Spray on a dyno and tune your jets that way.
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
wkdmx3gsr

Post by wkdmx3gsr »

I run either the beru silverstones pt#s3f or I run the NGK Iridiums IX pt#3764. I run both of these all the time with my Nitrous Express 75 shot pulling 12.8 in a 1/4 at 108mph. what are your 1/4 mile times with the 125 shot. My engine is the KL-ZE also with the MS8 intake manifold.
swiftmotorsports.com
1992 MAZDA MX-3 GSR 2.5LTR V-6
2005 SUBARU STI
2004 NISSAN ARMADA
http://www.cardomain.com/id/wkdmx3gsr
http://www.netuners.com
curve

Post by curve »

well so far I have managed to pull out a 12.42 at 113 but that was on street tires. I think I will be able to pull off around a 12.0 to a 12.2 with slicks.

mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

wow, dont blow that engine 125 is a lot for klze
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Forced Induction”